1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mts 1100s Rear Sprocket Play, Lateral Movement

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Paul Cuthbertson, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Hi all, just wondering if any of you have experienced side play in the rear sprocket of an MTS 1100S feels like it should be there but not sure? good few mil of movement, chain and sprocket are good..Paul

2. And welcome Dave.

3. how do.
    mine has the same issue, although i am not sure its an issue. the cush drives appear in good nick, but not entirely sure if they should be pressed in to the hub or just push in by hand. as you say, no real issue. just make sure the sprocket carrier is tight on the swinging arm.

4. Welcome to the forum

5. Thanks, spoke with Ducati servicer lad and he says there is float in the cush drive and not to worry about it, even new they have a slight movement, he said check the back of sprocket to make sure the cush drive were not trying to come out, they're not so happy:)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks, I have changed the chain, sprockets and bushes, all tight with very slight play which Ducati Glasgow say should be there, in comparison to what I had in terms of play this now is much better, its not loose! Had some fun getting getting the engine sprocket off and the rear sprocket nut too, used in the end an impact driver which made short work of the problem, my friend machined down the engine sprocket socket to avoid taking of the foot peg assembly..Just trying to get the rear brake caliper bolts free...nightmare

7. yip. impact guns rock. did they perchance say if the cush drive rubbers just push in easily or pressed in?

8. Sorry for late reply, they pushed in with a little help, nice and tight as they should feel, rear barke caliper now off and new pads in plus good clean up, just attempted the fuel tank removal "tragic" but now that I have done it it will be easier next time, the air filter bothered me I couldn't find any detail about when it was last changed, glad I did as it was dry and log jammed with crap...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Its been an interesting 7 months since I bought the MTS1100S, I knew it would be, I didn't realise the Multi was so tired when I purchased it, well I've been away from road bikes like this for 30 years, well almost and never owned a Ducati. Perhaps I should have spent more time looking at the thing rather than the badge!!For what's its worth this is what I had to do to get it where I want it:
    If anyone wants any feedback please say, all work done by me except Ohlins fork seals.
    Replaced:
    Chain and sprockets, (nightmare getting nuts off) replaced cush drive, cush drive totally goosed, replaced clutch slave cylinder with Oberon, original badly leaking, powder coated carrier, changed fuel pump seal, also used Hylomar just in case, fork seals replaced, as well gone, got this done professionally, cam covers weeping oil now all good with new seals and slight smear of sealant, plugs, oil, plus filter, plus air filter, pads all round the rear were down to the metal....a lot of tlc, has it been worth it, well it goes well very well and I love riding it, so yes its been worth it, belts and valves will need checked in April 18 I'm hoping valves will not need done as a pig taking all the bits off plus tank unit off too...tragic (no tappy sounds from valves :) ps the last comment about the indicator bulb, I have discovered the indicators are a different type to the ones in the manual, original yes but different now sorted but what the f...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information