1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mts 2013 Abs ,fork Oil Change

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by guzzi eleven, Aug 15, 2017.

1. any mts owners changed their fork oil

2. I haven't but should you state Skyhook or not ??

3. Thread moved

4. Yes. Mine was a 2010 with the Marzocchi forks, no electric suspension. Procedure was the same as most other USD forks. Use Shell Advance 7.5 SAE fork oil. Set the level to 108mm with the spring and spacer out and the fork fully collapsed.

5. for 2013 model with sachs forks , do you need special tool /pin spanner to undo top nut

6. On the Marzocchis I used a universal adjustable pin spanner from Lazer tools. Remember to loosen the caps while still on the bike with the top yoke clamp bolts slackened.

7. thanks , ordered laser tool last night ,came today , pins a bit tight in nut , did you use pin holes or slots with tool , I may take a smidgen off the tool pins to make it fit better

8. Sorry for the late reply, I just got back from a holiday. I used the pin holes and I also had to take a little off the pins for a better fit.

9. thanks derek, got marzochi socket tool in the end, next question (as manual is not clear)did you use torque settings for top and bottom pinch bolts

10. Yes, 10 Nm for the M6 screws in the top yoke and 16 Nm for the M8 ones in the bottom yoke.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information