1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Muc Off Etc.....

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by Wayne58, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Sometimes when I can't be arsed to get the jet washer/foam out, I use the above spray, rinse and then get the remainder off with bucket and sponge. But Muc Off is pretty shit imo. Whats the best spray on cleaner that folks have used ??

2. I use Sdoc100 Gel.

People rave about it like it’s a miracle cleaner, no wiping required, it’s very good but not that good..

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Thanks mate, I see infinity motorcycles does this stuff, and there's a shop near me, so I'll have to give this a go.

4. I've used SDOC100 Gel and it works well. Currently trying some Motul product that is the same concept but will be going back to SDOC100 once that's finished. Get mine from SportBikeShop.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. PS. @Jimmy899 , does it clean ACF50 off as well ? Wouldn't mind re-doing that as well, as I went a bit overboard with that stuff.

6. Just popping to infinity now for some :upyeah:

7. Not sure about AFC50 but it should do, gets all the chain fling off my wheels. I still use de greaser for the tough stuff.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. I use the SDOC stuff and has been said, it’s good probably the best stuff out there but it’s not a miracle worker.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. If my bike is really grubby after a ride I wash the worst off with warm water, let it drip then Mr sheen, yes Mr sheen polishes it up excellent, on everything, spray, polish then polish off again, shines like new, everything.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Best stuff I ever used was Yoshimoto de-gunge-opreen and Yoshimoto Whizzo Wheels. But..... this thread sparked a quick google and it seems the stuff's no longer available. Luckily I still have some from many years ago. I'll be interested to see if you think the SDOC stuff is any good once you've used it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. SDoc100 bought, will go to work on it tomorrow, and this time, maybe not go looking for huge thunder storms so soon after applying that ACF stuff. Does anyone know a sensible time frame to leave ACF 50 after application so that it doesn't spray all over my legs, boots and tyres? :(

12. Will let you know tomorrow. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  13. SDOC is pretty good. There's a range of cleaners under the banner of Pro-Green that are pretty good to. Ph neutral is the key.
    I hate Muc-Off. It's very alkaline. Most the "pink" fluids are and it destroys plated finishes and anodising. Dwell times are quoted, in the small print, of no more than 30 seconds on some of the bottles.
    Have found a use for the stuff though.... great at clearing blocked drains. That's about all it's good for, but it worked well on that.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. Yet to find anything to beat S-Doc gel. Rhino Goo comes close but S-Doc is better.
    I soak the bike, apply gel, leave 5 - 10 minutes then hand wash off with brushes, shampoo and water and rinse again with a hose pipe. Rarely use pressure washers.
    You need the agitation of hand washing as well. Expecting squeaky cleanness just from spraying on gel and pressure washing off without rolling up your sleeves and getting your hands dirty is asking a bit much from any chemical. I have tried the above without using the gel, in case I was just wasting my money, but when the bike dried it looked awful, like I'd missed bits everywhere. The Gel definitely lifts grime soap and water alone can't shift.

Best way to apply ACF50 is with a compressor and spray gun turned right down. A light mist all over, rubbed in with a cloth is all that's required. The aerosol cans lay it on too thick. Clean the brake discs and tyre edges with brake cleaner afterwards.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Thanks Jim, off to a dive shop this morning for some holiday stuff, but by time I get back, the 60mm socket for the wheel should have turned up, so gonna whip both wheels off this time, bag up the front and rear calipers, and re-apply ACF50 with a finer spray bottle as I no longer have a compressor, but I searched high and low yesterday to get a finer spraying bottle. Will let you know how I get on. Will SDoc it, rub the crap off, then ACF treat it.

PS, got some slight staining on the Ti Akra, from where it flung on it after doing it last time, whats the best way to get it off ??

16. A useful short video on ACF50

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. You'll get a finer spray if you warm the stuff up first in hot water.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. I used that bottle before, its ok but still chucks it on a bit heavy I thought, hence found a finer spraying bottle yesterday. Will post results when done. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Yes mate, did that last time, but think either the supplied bottle throws it on a bit thick, or the supplied bottle is defective ?? But should have more success today with this "micro diffuse" bottle ?? Time will tell.

20. Haven't tried it but those pump-up pressurised spray bottles may work. I use mine for brake cleaner which is thin but it might work for ACF50 if there's enough pressure.

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information