1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mugello Moto Gp - With Spoilers

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by HyperMac, Jun 1, 2018.

1. What an off today for Pirro , thankfully was conscious getting into ambulance

2. Saw up to the point of impact on bt fab page, as they aren’t showing the rest. Seemed to think he had a slipper, went for brakes to make sure they are working, possibly panicked a bit and grabbed them the. They bite hard :(

Hope he recovers fully quickly

3. Reports have him bring ok.

Nice fast straight that.

4. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Amazed he can do that. I’ve dislocated shoulders, and for quite a while it would simply pop out if an arm was lifted high, especially behind my head.

True story, I had a postural dislocation, took a while to get from Mallory Park to Leicester infirmary. Nurse asked what I had done and took me thru some excercies. Her comment was ‘I don’t think it dislocated dear [in the most condescending way to a 40yr old bloke ever] just lift it higher...oh dear!’

Loud crunch followed by searing pain and my shoulder was out the back of my blade. Expecting some sympathy and possibly a little ‘oops, I was wrong’ I got ‘if you can hold it there dear for a few minutes, I’ll get the Dr’.

She did, I didn’t. 8 week’s in a sling, 12 weeks of physio later before I could lift a tin can above my head.

Bet you Pirro will be back on a bike next week :no_mouth:

6. Dovi broke the official MotoGP top speed record today at 356.4km/h. Faster tomorrow then!

7A8B5239-3EB4-4B61-AE6B-BCE004B8E0C9.jpeg

7. Great to see Dovi up there early and Marquez not yet in the pace as he’s normally there from session 1

8. Oh wow scary. Amazing he’s ok.

9. Pirro... think it was Davide Tardozzi just interviewed who said he got a bit of a head shake going over the crest towards the end of the straight that pushed the pads back, went for the brakes, nothing there, went for them a second time and they locked...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Kin'ell 223mph! I should know but I don't- what HP is the Ducati MotoGP bike?

11. Ducati won't say, but I did hear one of the BT sport crew say it was circa 300 ?? I spoke to a guy from Ducati in 2016, and he said that bike was 270-280, so I would imagine the 2018 is at least that ??

12. Oooofttt yer.... That recorded speed of 223mph would suggest around those figures. I'd love a shot on one... on a runway :)

13. that's no way to treat a Ducati:(

#13 XH558, Jun 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  14. Just listening to the chaps on BtSport.

If I was paying attention, Pirro' FP2 leathers did not have the airbag installed as he is a ''wildcard" and airbag suits are not mandatory for these riders. His FP1 leathers however, were airbagged up. He clearly chose the wrong suit to crash in.

I suspect that rule may be changed shortly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Interesting. I thought the airbag leathers were already compulsory right across MotoGP. As you say, they soon will be. And it'll eventually trickle down to track day enthusiasts.... I've bitten the bullet already :):upyeah:

16. F*cking wow to qualifying!

D49943B2-0764-4014-82F4-18457F03B645.png

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. The Doctor is in... pole position :yum

18. Great qualifying session, the locals will be pleased

19. Rossi s shit isnt he.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Such a show off

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information