1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Bike Policy

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by Mr Tea, May 10, 2017.

1. Can anyone recommend a good company for insuring my Hyperstrada and also my 1098R that's coming soon ( that feels sooooo good typing that bit )

Thanks

2. I use swift sure for all mine.
    About £900 (Outer London, +30 years, Max NCB, 6 points... and 50 yrs young - one rather "good" accident 2 YRS ago) for over £50K worth... and riding other bikes.

3. £900 ?

kin heck that's a lot isn't it ??

4. Carole Nash for my mish mash of bikes.No problems with a mix of classic and modern machines.

5. Ducati Insurance multi-bike for me. I haven't yet found any other company that will cover a D16.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Just changed to Ducati Insurance - 1098R (with many mods) :D and my R1 :Wideyed: £245

7. Motorcycle Direct
    999+996+600SRAD, fully comp, protected max no claims, £240.

8. I've used a range over the years but have been with Hastings for the last two. The down side is they only do two bike in one policy. Having added 6 points to my licence this year, I'm expecting a hike. When shopping around I look at their payout and balance that against premium.

9. This years renewal I found out that they only cover bikes that are being used. If you don't put any miles on or intend on putting on any miles it's not covered. You need a different policy if you just leave them sat about.

10. Prefer seperate policies as if you have a crash with a multi-policy it effects both (or more) bikes covered. Bonus for seperate scenario is you are building up two or more sets of NCB, though it costs more.

#10 GunZenBomZ, May 10, 2017
    Last edited: May 10, 2017
  11. Carole Nash or Footman James

12. Hate to say it... MCE *ducks*

2015 Scrambler, 2011 Fireblade, 2009 GS1200, 1999 R1 and 1997 SS all fully comp for £700 with trackday, Europe cover etc etc.

I understand that they're shockingly bad if you need to claim, but even at 42 with a clean license that was the best I can do. All garaged with ground anchors and other security.

Big Ed' came through for me... but makes me feel a bit unclean.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Just moved from them as Ducati Insurance was £100 cheaper for me. They have been cheapest for the last 3 years and were again on MCN compare - but Ducati Insurance won when I checked!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bikesure Multi bike policy includes Triumph Rocket 111 + Honda CBR 1000 + Honda 1800 GW + Ducati 1200s Multi .... 3 points no accidents just outside London £500

15. Same as @Fire3500 for me Simon, 1098R, 1199 and GSXR1000 was £732 fully comp, 39 + 10 years NCB protected with MCE....

Pics when you pick up the R mate :thumbsup:

16. Thread moved

17. +1 for Ducati Insurance, Multistrada 1200, 1098R and 748R. Andy

18. I have been with Ducati insurance for a fair few years but have just changed to Bemoto,1299 panigale annversairo with a agreed value of 28k and a Multistrada pp,DI renewal £900,Bemoto £600 with there titainium cover,personal accident,helmet and leathers and full rac breakdown cover and riding other bikes (third party only),i was quite impressed with Bemoto.

19. MTS1200 & Husqvarna Nuda at £238 Fully comp, Europe cover. Would have been less but bikes are in car port and not a locked garage.
    Broker: Bikesure Insurance Services
    Scheme: ERS - Multibike Scheme ED!

• Like Like x 1
  20. So far Ducati have come back at £395 for the R and a hyperstrada , clean licence, locked away properly , just on year NCB .
    I'll do a bit more tomorrow , back thats not that bad.
    I do need to add some extra security now I've got the more expensive bike so will be looking around at the MCN show this weekend to see if i can find any named locks and a ground anchor

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information