1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Multi Enduro Filler Cap

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by SHarper, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Nah then, for reasons I don't really want or need to get into; the other day I started removing the filler cap from my 1260 Multi Enduro, it wouldn’t come out, I think because of the overflow pipes, anyhoo, it turns out I didn’t need to remove it and tried to fix it back in, but it won’t go down the whole way and fit flush with the top of the tank, is there a secret to getting it back in and flush?
    For people wanting to remove the bodywork you don’t need to actually remove the filler cap to get the tank shroud off, it stays in situ (although you do have to remove the bolts); then you reach under it to disconnect the overflow(s).

2. Also, where the blinkin’ ‘eck is the intake duct for the airbox? I thought the scoops either side of the tank went into the airbox, but they don’t.

3. If I’m understanding you correctly, the top part of the fuel cap is off, the bottom part is still fixed to the tank and fuel tank cover is still in place.

In my experience and I should point out I own a PP, not an enduro, you will need to take the cover off, replace the cap and then refit the cover.

It’s a bloody tight fit and the last time I tried to replace the cap with removing the bodywork, the sealing gasket just pushed through.

The good news is you only need 3mm & 4mm allen keys, the bad news is that pretty much all the bodywork has to come off. I sprayed wd40 onto the cap to make fitting the cover a little easier.

CAVEAT! Someone might know an easier way, I’d give it a couple of hours for more replies!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information