1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Enduro Multi In Faultless 3k Mile Trip Shocker!

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by nsm3, Jun 24, 2018.

1. image.jpeg What can I say, I merely checked the oil, pumped the tyres, lubed the chain and off I went, no dramas, problems, trips to the dealers, nothing! Have I bought a duff one?

Epic trip, taking in La Rochelle, Bordeaux, Biarritz, Logrono, Segovia, Toledo, Granada, Gibraltar, Badajoz, Salamanca, Pamplona, Mont De Marsan, Limoges and St.Malo.

Pushing hard in the twisties at 34 degC plus, between Badajoz and Salamanca (surprisingly good run) showed the limitations of the 19" front wheel/Scorpion Trail rubber over my 2010 S with PR4's, where the front would lose it's bite and start pushing slightly (very predictable and progressively) after some prolonged hard use, but nothing disconcerting.

For the reference of others planning a Euro trip, France is a damn sight more expensive than Spain, for fuel, beer, accommodation and food etc.

A lot of insects were harmed in the making of this trip.

• Like Like x 17
  2. I know. Fuel prices were horrendous and a portion of decent food was 30-40 euros per person. Did a trip early June in the French alps with my enduro with no real dramas other than the refusal to shift in one of the days.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. We noticed the same. Spain is ace. Andorra very cheap for fuel / eats / accom and ace little country.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I keep getting Mutley lust...

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. I know... I thought I was a committed GS-er but it keeps coming in waves... weird.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Just come back from a 2000mile trip to France, Belgium and Germany and guess what..... no issues (warped brakes aside which I knew about) and now off to follow some of your route, Salamanca, Badajoz, then into Portugal, really loving this experience of trouble free MTS touring, unlike my last 3.

• Like Like x 2
  7. I thought the same about my Super Tenere but gave in to Mutley lust, and I can't stop doing this:grinning::grinning::grinning:

8. Hell that is not the France that I have lived in for the past 14 years! I can get a 5 course meal with wine for €16 a head.

9. Not surprised at all by the thread, 2500 miles to mugello and back to uk, bike faultless.
    italian drivers are the worst I have had the misfortune to drive with and the fuel prices are extortionate 1.71 euros per litre (tip don't let them fuel your bike or you will pay even more). However it was an awesome trip

• Like Like x 1
  10. Great pic! I'd love a tip on how you go about removing all those bugs (if you try it yourself)

11. Lay damp cloths on the fly encrusted bits for a few minutes. They should wipe off far more easily afterwards.

12. It was easy enough, wet with the jet washer, quick spray with Muc-Off, rub lightly with a rough cloth, then jet wash the crud off (smell was a bit of a stomach turner!). The Enduro isn't much of a looker, so no point in a nooks and crannies clean.

• Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  13. How long did the trip take over all?

14. The trips mentioned on this thread sound fantastic !

I've just returned from the annual Multi gathering in the French Alps. 2300 miles round trip over 8 days and the bike ran beautifully. Looking forward to visiting Misano for the GP in September.

These bikes need to be used and enjoyed !

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Left Worcester on Thursday 7th, returned on Saturday 23rd, so 17 days all in.

16. Makes my 5 days around wales seem piddly.... unfortunately I can't get any time away.

17. Italian driving lasson 1, as taught by papa sev;

Dont worry about anything other than the car in front. Let the blokes behind worry about you.

Then it all makes sense.

Also, find out how much your tank takes and only gave that amount in your hands- give them a figure to fill to.
    :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. they all overtake like that. if there's a gap they'll overtake and ram in at the last minute.

they'll overtake on blind bends, and also sit about six inches away from your bumper.

I come from down the south so I know full well what it's like. I'll rephrase, take care of yourself and make sure you don't hit the car in front.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Oh and if driving up in the enlightened north makes you nervous dont go anywhere near the cesspool that is naples as you’ll come back needing therapy :astonished:

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information