1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

950 Multi Lowering

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Morty, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Hello I have just purchased a 950 Multi and I have the low seat but I'm still struggling with reaching the ground. Does anyone know if there is a solution other than platform boots!!

Many thanks
    Mark

2. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Aha I wondered how long it would take for the humour to start!!

4. My dad's missus took her GS to a suspension guru and got it resprung for her height. No idea what it cost, but I think that's what you have to do for any significant change.

5. Ok! I give up, how does this lengthen his leg length ?

6. I moves the crotch high up...... not really my cup of tea though!

7. Some of us are bored just doing the accounts.... I'm very easily distracted in this situation.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ahhh! I see, well thought out. :bucktooth:

9. You can always gain weight!! That adds more precompression - I have 27" inside leg - and that my secret - and thick soled boots - and tippy toe - plus I ride early so I never meet traffic and have to stop..

Or you can back off the rear spring compression - if you have the S (sorry not sure if the 950 has electronic suspension) its just a number on the display - or litterally wind off the nut holding the spring on the manual models.

10. Given its twin sided swinger, does it have a height adjustable bar? Or maybe shock length is adjustable?

11. May be slide the forks through the headstock 25mm or so. set your pre load on the rear shock to 1 or get the seat altered it's not that expensive, I got mine hollowed out for £35

12. Really?

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. When purchased my bike it had fork raised and preload on rear shock backed out with low seat. Seat was awful and at 30" inseam the lowering was not necessary for me. So back to stock. I can say it did not do anything negative to handling though.

14. Ok! I give in, it does make it easier to get one foot down, but still doesn't increase his leg length :neutral:

15. Probs better with one of these bits of kit. leg-extension-on-a-stretching-rack-orthopedic-therapy-woodcut-from-exf81j.jpg

16. Thanks for all your help, I'm going to persevere with what I have and slide across the seat each time, as I don't fancy messing around with set up, I'm sure it will get easier!

17. Seriously, go and see someone that can respring it. You'll actually enjoy riding more and not worry about where you're coming to a stop.

18. Yes your right, I'll do some research into respringing as I know I will enjoy it more when I can stop without worry. Thanks

19. Just get a pair of these special riding boots and you'll be sorted :upyeah:
    multi950.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. So what was the point in asking if your not going to change anything?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information