1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Pikes Peak Multi Recall

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Timg, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Hi there just had my Multistrada DVT 2016 in for 5 recalls yesterday [ not ridden her for a while ] is this what everyone else has had? I asked what they had done & a brakes pipe replaced , throttle replaced were the ones i remembered. But must say it has made a massive difference on throttle response & the upward gear changes were very slick. All in all i'm very happy with the end results just surprised with the amount.
    Cheers

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. They weren't all recalls. Some are just advisories, and yes most people have had them done. The only one worth really caring about is the brembo master cylinder piston. Did they do that one?

Your improved throttle response isn't anything to do with the work you've had done, but because the dealer would have routinely reflashed the ECU whilst your bike was there. There have been shed-loads of updates which have made a marked improvement to engine performance.

3. Hi the mechanic told me they had replaced the throttle, it now seems so much better, the other updates have more than likely helped as well

4. As I understand it, the throttle recall was purely a mechanical and reliability issue. Mine felt a little easier to physically twist when done, which had been an ongoing gripe I had, but it had nothing to do with performance. That is solely down to the ECU reflash.

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  5. Got 4 being done sat. Well maybe 3, I don’t have panniers. Have had fuel sender, tank, plus one or two others so far.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I had the throttle replacement done months ago. More recently had the coolant hose changed and an ECU update was done at the same time. I know nothing of the fuel sender or tank.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fuel sender wasn't a recall, only an advisory requiring a revised part, and doesn't affect all bikes. My early 2016 DVT never needed one and I never experienced any issues. I believe that the tank issue was for a manufacturing period of about 4 months from the last quarter of 2016 where there was a fuel spill risk.

You can go on the Vosa website and search all of them as manufacturers are required to report all recalls under UK law :-

https://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/default.asp

8. I just did that and the only recall for a 1200 Multistrada was one from 2012 for a rear brake problem where the pad material could come away from the backing plate. I didn't get that recall either!:eek:

9. Don't search for "Multistrada 1200" because it will only show stuff they have for that one model, whereas a number of recalls will affect all Multistrada's, including 950, 1200, 1200S, 1260, 1260S, Enduro, etc .... just search for "Multistrada".

Alternatively use Ducati's tool and enter your chassis number :-

http://www.ducati.com/services/recall_campaigns/index.do

10. Thanks Rainman. Went to the link and there's nothing outstanding on my bike.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mines in next month for its service and first MOT .... They told me I needed a coolant hose changed under warranty but it doesn't show on the Ducati site. Last year I had the throttle, fuel sender and side stand swapped.

Bit concerned about the Brembo brake recall as my bike falls into the VIN range, however the dealer says it doesn't need it on my bike.

12. Probably because it's an "advisory" and not a "recall". Advisories just get done as bikes come in for servicing as they're not urgent nor a safety issue.

As for the Brembo recall, I've spoken to a few different dealers of the various manufacturers affected and they've all indicated the same thing - none of them have seen any issues with the original plastic piston but because of where the component is Brembo are just covering their arse and doing it as a precaution. They've obviously seen an issue somewhere, probably in a very isolated case, and if they didn't act and if the issue did develop into something bigger then it would result in the kind of reputational damage that they'd struggle to recover from.

• Agree Agree x 1

13. if it was first reported in the US of A then it gets a recall coz you certainly need to cover your arse there!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Joking aside, that's probably much closer to the truth than we all realise.

15. Aha, i was not joking

• Like Like x 1
  16. You had a Multistrada with a back brake!
    Was this option from the Corse catalogue or a third party?

17. As told to me by the dealer, the Brembo is because of failure under fast track conditions.

Having done trackdays on mine, and at an ok pace and worn out brake pads, I wasn’t worried. Just had it done because it was listed :upyeah:

18. I've had the recall on the breaks done and the ECU upgrade a couple of weeks ago, no throttle replacement though. The problem now is the bike has lost top end power. Has anyone else had any problems with top end power after the ECU upgrade?

19. Definitely not. Quite the opposite.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information