1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi-spark Capacitor Discharge Ignition (cdi)

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by wolfram, May 6, 2017.

1. I've been doing some research on CDI for a bobber project I am starting (Not Ducati)...

I came across multiple spark CDI units that can spark up to 30,000 times a second. There is a home brew option: Make Your Own CDI

I then found these units that seem incredibly cheap and almost a direct swap for Kokusan (size and shape): Store – CW Bikes

The questions this raises are:

• Are multi spark CDI's a good upgrade for 900SS? Theory would suggest that with a large chamber, our bikes are a good candidate.
    • Does the common Ignitec upgrade do multispark?
    • Has anyone tried any of these?
    • Are these potentially as good as a twin plug head?

Phil

2. Interesing Phil, I cant answer most of your questions but I can tell you that the pit bike CDIs have been talked about elsewhere and they will not work well on our Dukes, even though they look similar. As the listing says they are for small capacity pit bikes. I have an Ignitech but cant answer your questions as I dont know.

3. Interesting that they have been tried before. I saw the low capacity stipulation. I'm still trying to get my head round ignition!

4. Ha ha, me too

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information