1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple Myeloma

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Ducbird, Sep 4, 2018.

• Love You Love You x 17
    • Like Like x 5
  1. Sending love

• Love You Love You x 1
  2. Feel free to ask me anything I’m more than happy to answer any of your questions and I’m positive and enjoying every day I’m given :blush:

• Love You Love You x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  3. You've got bigger balls than me young lady, keep positive Viv :kissing_heart:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  4. Think if I or someone close to me were going through cancer, I'd be listened to this, I can imagine it would help a lot understand.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06kgjfn

One of them passed away yesterday after being interviewed on Weds evening and saying she had a few days.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Research into cures and treatments rely heavily on charity donations and there probably isn't anyone on here who hasn't been affected by friends or relatives contracting cancer in one form or another.

Golden bullets will be out there awaiting discovery - we need to continue supporting this research.

• Agree Agree x 11
  6. Agreed, and it's why I have done the Distinguished Gentlemen's ride for the past 3 years (amongst other things) and people have been very supportive and incredibly generous.

However I am going to give it a rest this year as I dont want to badger people too often.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Comment made on grumpy thread about this...

8. Car T cell therapy is looking to be a cure into blood cancers

Its very expensive let’s hope it comes soon :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. I became aware of this a couple weeks back haven’t listened to the pod casts
    Was sad to read Racheal I think it is has passed away at 40 leaving her little boy
    My kids are the reason I don’t want to leave right now I’m fighting for them and me :)

• Like Like x 5
    • Love You Love You x 3
  10. What a fantastic attitude you have bird, I hope the wheel spins the rite way for you.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  11. DB, given the possible consequences, did you find some around you were afraid to ask about it?

Did you even want to talk about it with them and if yes, what advice would you give about talking about it to loved ones who do not know what to say through fear of upsetting a cancer patient, and how did you establish that cut off point of yes and no ?

• Like Like x 1
  12. I have been open and honest about it from the start which has made it easy for all of those around me to ask any questions and I’m happy to answer them and talk about Myeloma
    My work colleagues have been great I met up with them so they could ask questions
    They have asked about my hair and when I had my wig they wanted to touch it so I let them I even took it off so they have seen me with no hair and when it’s been growing back I keep getting asked can they feel it
    I let them
    People are inquisitive and they want to know so why hold back
    If I can see someone isn’t sure I ask them if there’s anything they want to ask

I get I’m sorry a lot so I say that’s great have a cry scream and be sad and then only be positive as I think it attracts positivity and that’s what’s happened

You can’t give cancer back when your diagnosed so rather than think why me it’s not fair I said I’m putting my energies into fighting and staying positive

• Like Like x 10
    • Love You Love You x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. The day I was diagnosed I had to tell my kids,before that I went into work and spoke to my manager who was fantastic and helped me get myself together,
    I came home called them down and explained what I had been diagnosed with and said I had a booklet that they could read.
    My daughter wanted to know if it was hereditary and would I lose my hair then read the booklet twice.
    My son said is it ok if I go out with my mates now and I said of course you can then we dealt with every day
    My brother has been fantastic and he wants to know and has helped with the cold hard facts for example lowering bills finding how the mortgage will be paid how long I would have if treatment didn’t work
    He tried to touch on death but I wouldn’t discuss that until recently because my counselling has helped me to face that

• Love You Love You x 3
  14. I have to say there are many cancer patients who don’t want to talk to anyone who want to keep it to themselves that I have come across in my time in hospital
    Not everyone is like me I think I’m a bit of fresh air :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Hey DB,when youre all clear and well and have no need for the wig,I could do with borrowing it.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. It’s free for hire now :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Hey Viv,

firstly, I am really gutted that such a lovely person as you has been singled out by fate to carry this. If there was a G#d, he/she is a twat!

I won't go into the "if there is anything I can do..." stuff, as I am hundreds of miles away and generally pretty useless at organising myself to do my own stuff, never mind anybody else's, so I won't bullshit you. I am hoping that you get a bloody good run at this and get as good and long a life as you want and need to spend time with the family.

sending lots of love and happiness your way,

Pete

• Like Like x 4
    • Love You Love You x 1
  18. Keep smiling kiddo

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Kia Kaha DB, positive thoughts winging your way.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information