1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multistrada 1000ds Custom Project

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by buzzer, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Hi All, First post here! I have just bought a 2003 Multistrada that is a CAT C as it has some damage to the bodywork. My intention is to do a custom project over the winter and turn it into a bike I can use in the spring. I don't want to do a Cafe Racer style bike as I cant cope with the riding position so it needs to be more of a streetfighter style.

I am struggling to find any build diaries to get some hints and tips and inspiration, can any of you guys post any links?

for now, here is the bike I have bought

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. how do, there is one or two threads on here somewhere where the stunningly beautiful front end of the fuggly has been heavily modded to make em look even better.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Personally I think it is a beautiful bike and you should never judge something you are riding, from the front only :)

As you're not sure what you do want, let's start with what you do not like about your bike and what parts you think need changing. Starting there might give you a better direction.

4. Nothing to do with me but shows what can be done IMG_1245.JPG IMG_0214.JPG IMG_0215.JPG IMG_0216.JPG IMG_1243.JPG IMG_1244.JPG IMG_1245.JPG

5. Please change it even more significantly than the example above :) :):upyeah:

6. Here is one I built a few years ago without spending a lot of money.

ducgnd1 (1).JPG

ducgnd1 (3).JPG

7. Thanks guys. I have a few weeks before I can start the project due to other commitments. I love the look of some of the bikes posted above. I quite fancy making a new seat and tank, but I need to strip the bodywork off first to see what I am dealing with. I made a tank and seat from scratch for my last project...

Here is a link to my build diary

https://jtccc.wordpress.com/our-motorbikes/suzuki-gt500-cafe-racer/

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  8. I'm sure someone posted a link to one that had been flat-trackered. And looked good. Iirc 999 seat unit

9. Welcome Dave

10. Welcome mate :cool:

11. Thanks for the welcome guys. I am away on holiday at the moment, itching to get started when i get back! Been busy ordering stuff on line for the build, there will be loads of parcels for when i get home, she will wonder what the hell!

12. second bike exif.

13. Assen Ducati Netherlands race weekend, seen that bike a few times

14. I have started to make some Progress. I have moved the battery to under the seat, along with the electrics. I have made a plate to sit under there to mount everything on, and protect it a bit. I used an old suspension arm to replace the shocker for a while to ensure I had clearance on full bump. next job is the exhaust. I am making one with pie cut bends as I quite like the look!
    battery location.jpg
    down low.jpg

replace shocker.jpg

wireing.jpg

exhaust.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  15. started the mock up and tacking together of the exhaust. its satisfying work, but the angles take a bit of working out. I found a neat spreadsheet to help! I have shortened the silencer, which was originally off a Fireblade. Once it all fits I will replace the strap on the silencer with a bracket welded to the back.
    welding.jpg
    exhaust 2.jpg
    exhaust apart.jpg
    spreadsheet.JPG

Do Not Sell My Personal Information