1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Multistrada 1000ds Reduce To £1495.

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by dukesox, Oct 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quite possibly the most beautiful Ducati ever made and rumoured to be a 2 time winner of the prestigious Austin Allegro award for Excellence in Automotive Design, here we have a gorgeous Multistrada 1000DS .
    It is a 2003 bike with 29k on the clock and 5 previous owners. Patchy service history initially but lots of stamps/invoices from 2009 onwards including a valve clearance check last year and a cam belt change in May 2016 @ 20k miles. MOT to April 2019.
    Quite a few extras fitted , a Ducati Comfort Seat, centre stand, cigarette lighter type sat nav charger, a Laminar Lip on the fairing, a Scottoiler and heated grips although these are not currently working.
    Mechanically it all seems ok although it needs help idling till warm and could probably do with a service now .Tyres are good, chain and sprockets seem ok to me. Cosmetically it has some of the flaky engine paint that Ducati inflicted on us in that era, paintwork is not bad with some shiny bits, some not shiny bits and a few chips and scrapes but not bad for a 15 year old /29k mileage bike.
    Please note panniers and brackets now sold, bike & remaining extras reduced to £1495
    The bike is at my warehouse in Luton if you want to come and have a look, please pm me if you have any questions or would like more pictures. Advertised elsewhere for more money as you really are my imaginary friends. See pics below :-

offside with.jpg

angle.jpg

nearside without.jpg

panniers.jpg

flakey.jpg

#1 dukesox, Oct 30, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Panniers now sold and brackets shown in the pictures removed and sold too. The rest of the bike & extras still available @ £1495. @El Toro please amend the title removing "with luggage" and reduce to £1495.

3. Done :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. @dukesox That's a magnificent motorcycle you have there, why it hasn't been snapped up already I have no idea.

Could you let me know more about the 'Lamina Lip' on your screen please. I have a 1000S DS absolutely love the bike, one of Ducati's finest, only issue for me is being blasted in the face with the wind at the incredibly high speeds I get up to. I have an XLite carbon helmet, and lovely and light though it is the wind penetrates I believe under the helmet and the noise is deafening despite earplugs.
    Cheers.

5. I imagine a lot of folk are worried about owning such a beautiful and valuable bike especially one capable of those incredibly high speeds you mention. Who wants or needs a Pani when this is available ?

Laminar lip link below.
    https://www.laminarlip.com/multistrada.php

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. @CRYSTALJOHN would you like me to see if I can get the lip off mine if you would prefer a cheap , tatty secondhand one to a lovely shiny new one ?

• Like Like x 1
  7. That would be great. I believe they are stuck on firmly with 3m adhesive?
    I would actually prefer a cheap tatty second hand one as I'm far too sexy as it is and I don't really want to attract anymore female attention, it's too exhausting.
    Please do let me know if you can Separate it from the screen and I'm sure we can arrange something.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. No doubt, air cooled multi = upload_2018-11-5_14-47-26.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. @CRYSTALJOHN I`ll damage the paintwork if I take the lip fixings off so sorry I cant help with this.

10. I understand. Thanks very much for considering it though, very much appreciated.
    I would like your feedback on the 'Lip' . How effective was it at reducing windblast on your helmet?
    I'm 5'10" with a standard screen fitted, windblast is o.k at reasonable speeds, but anything more and my screen seems to direct the windblast right up underneath my helmet which makes things incredibly noisy.

11. Let me have another look at the bike in daylight tomorrow and check. The lip is not the problem , it's the stickers they attach too. Maybe a little petrol or similar will loosen them. I'm 5'10" too and find the lip does help a bit but so does something like a thick snood or scarf.

12. Thanks Dukesox. I have both a snood and balaclava thingy (which doubles up for my 'Bank work')
    Have tried every type of ear plug on the market in an attempt to reduce the wind noise with this bikes screen, was fine with this helmet on my 848, my magnificent 1000S DS seems to direct the windblast right up into the underside of my helmet though.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. I suspect it might be a devil of a job to unstick the 3M adhesive, so please don't ruin anything trying to help me.

14. Laminar lip....’tis witchcraft I tell ye!!

#14 RickyX, Nov 5, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Sorry, I think a hammer & chisel are needed so I`m going to leave it intact. This is the second bike I have had with a laminar lip, they do help with airflow so should make the bike more rideable.

16. Totally understand. Thank you so much for even considering it though, much appreciated.
    I shall probably bite the bullet and go for a new 'Lip' soon.
    Cheers, John.

17. Buy his bike - win/win :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Looks like you could fit an old visor

#18 bradders, Nov 6, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  19. I did consider buying Dukesox's bike especially after being tempted by the 'Lamina lip' but for a couple of practical reasons it just isn't possible.

@bradders Paul what's an 'old cisor'

20. See edit ;)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information