1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multistrada 1200 Led Turn Signals

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Iain Webster, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Hi, I just fitted LED indicators (turn signals) and the resistors supplied to the rear of my 2012 Multistrada, as I could not fit the panniers with the standard units fitted in the R&G Tailtidy. All seemed fine until after my first long journey when the right hand rear stopped working, I replaced with new set of indicators, I now have the right side working fine but no left side, any help with this would be appreciated, the resistors do seem to get quite hot when working....

2. Which LED indicators did you fit ? Panigale indicators are a direct plug and play on the 2012 Multistrada, no balance resistor required. Andy

3. Hi Andy, used Oxford Nanos, I did look at the Panigale, but don't think I would have enough clearance to fit the panniers.

Cheers

4. Standard panniers ?

5. Yes, but I have fitted an r&g tailtidy

6. Just read the R&G web site and it states quite clearly that their Multistrada tail tidy with either micro or OE indicators is not compatible with panniers. I'm not certain a balance resister is required so I'd try the function without one fitted. Andy

7. And welcome Dave :)

8. Iam thinking of changing mine for these and you have answered a question ive been asking myself, i thought they would flash at the correct speed because of the front being led so therefore had a flasher relay that worked with leds, but wasn't 100% sure my theory was correct.

9. Rears require a resistor. I have fitted three sets to mine now, and yes the only tail tidy that works with standard indicators is the Rizoma Fox unit. It has a swivel adjuster that allows upward movement to clear the panniers when fitting, it's tight and still bends the indicator a little .

10. Did you try the oem Panigale indicators ?

11. welcome iain

Do Not Sell My Personal Information