1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multistrada 1260 Insurance

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by Robin Hood, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Needing help from 1260 owners. Brought my 1260 march 1st slight delay on receiving bike because of delays of Touring packs from Ducati. Bike was finally ready to collect thursday, phoned Carol Nash to remove part exchange bike and add 1260, have a multibike policy with a 1050 Tiger & Speed Triple already on, Having tried online it couldn't quote me and gave me a number to ring, on ringing they said they couldn't find my bike, i received the ABI code from my Ducati dealer gave that to Carol Nash and i am waiting for the underwriters to get back to me (4 days now)
    I have tried Bennetts (online & Phone) got to go to underwriters.
    Ducati Insurance (Phone) got to go to underwriters:eek:
    If i dont hear anything soon will cancel my Carol Nash Policy and take my three bikes elsewhere.
    The problem is the Bike not me as another 1260 owner from my Ducati dealer is having same problems.
    I have no problems getting quotes for a 1200 MTS , i have 18 years riding and full no claims and live problem free post code and currently only pay £430 for Honda CBF, Tiger 1050 & Speed Triple 1050.
    all fully Comp...
    I will try and stick with Carol Nash as i only have two months before renewal and will then shop around for a better deal hopefully by then this will all be sorted, i only use Carol Nash because of the free European Breakdown which was invaluable 2 years ago when i dumped my Tiger in France and they relayed it back home for me but i wont need that now with the Ducati Assistance...

RH.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Thread moved and title changed accordingly

3. Very interested in this thread @Robin Hood i collect mine in 3 weeks and i'm currently with Ducati Insurance so expecting the same hassle!

Can't believe that this issue exists, Ducati must have been very slow providing information to the insurance companies, would be interesting to see if this issue is exclusive to the 1260, or are V4 owners experiencing the same issues??

4. I had my 1200s insured with MCE, rang last week to update with my 1260s details £140 quid uplift £40 of that was admin so total cost £360ish for 7k miles sd&p

5. Hey Robin Hood, I’ve read you post several times and still don’t have a clue what you are looking for

I’d suggest you get to friar tuck:confused:

6. He's looking to update his multi-bike policy.

However Bennetts (online & Phone) have got to go to underwriters. Ducati Insurance (Phone) have got to go to underwriters too. And his gripe is that Carole Nash Haven't got back to him. My guess is that they too have to go to the underwriters.

However he is being impatient and will uninsure the lot if someone doesn't get back to him soon. Or something like that. Maybe.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Thank you for that timely and interpretative intervention Terence, just as I was gaining a grasp of our forest dwelling friend’s dilemma you went and threw that griope reference in. Is that a variant of the 250 single from the early 60s?:innocent:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Well, Ducati Insurance got back to me today......

Current bike = 2015 Multistrada 1200 S Touring...insured for £158 in August least year.

New bike = 2018 Multistrada 1260 S Touring.........they want an EXTRA £1195!!!!!!! FFS!

Cheapest quotes so far:
    Lexham - £354 (£1150 excess)
    BeMoto - £544 (£400 excess)
    MCE - £548 (350 excess)

I'm going to have to keep looking and hope they all catch up in the next 3 week before i pick mine up! :tired_face:

#9 soloman, Mar 13, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  9. I had a similar problem. My current insurers RAC didn't want to know, and Carol Nash never got back to me but I got it sorted with Bennetts a couple of days ago.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information