1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Multistrada Adapter Plate

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Jeff Terry, Jan 23, 2022.

1. I have a 2017 multistrada 1200s. I want to mount a Givi V47 Topbox to it but can’t seem to find a base plate and adapter plate, anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

jeff

2. I have a Givi 47 topbox as well - it mounts using the standard Ducati top box system.
    There's a list of parts floating around if you search - it's expensive of course.

OR you can use the Givi generic top box mounting kit and simply attach it to the existing rear rack. This is cheaper - but I'd be careful about the sort of load you're putting on the rear rack if you chose this.

The Ducati mounting system comes with extra supports to take the weight better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thanks Ian. Can you send me a photo of what it looks like?

4. @Jeff Terry This is the Givi one:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is the Ducati one:
    Parts for the Ducati version are about £220
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have the Givi I can sell you :
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Why don’t you introduce yourself properly in the newbies section too please :)

6. I’m definitely interested. Do I need the rails as well? I’ll probably have 8 to 10kg in it when I go to Spain.

7. Givi generic topbox mount does not have rails - you can see it clamps to the existing Ducati grab handles/rear rack.

If it was me - I wouldn't carry that much using the Givi system. Even the Ducati system with rails says max load is 5kg. (although I've carried more).

Basically I've stopped using the top-box unless I'm carrying the missus on the back who likes the security of having the topbox behind her.

• Agree Agree x 1

8. Ok. We just need to organise me buying the plates off you then

9. Mate of mine had the Givi plate, without the support rails, on his DVT Enduro. Didn't take long to crack the grab rail.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information