1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Multistrada And Go Pro

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by HootOwl, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Those of you that have Multistradas and have a GoPro - where and how do you mount the camera ?

I have a DVT and am really struggling to find anywhere to mount mine (no crash bars at the mo')

:)

2. This RAM mount for the handlebar clamp works, but is not good with a tank bag
    https://www.ram-mount.co.uk/1-ball-base-with-hole-and-m8-screw-p-1294-c-238_286.html

I have a Drift camera and I use a handle bar clamp, double socket arm and device base, but this is similar for a GoPro. I mount it on the left handlebar and lean the arm parallel with the mirror.
    https://www.ram-mount.co.uk/handleb...360_168.html?sesid=s559u1svp65vqqe16efec37pt5

I also use a suction mount on the side panel
    https://driftinnovation.com/products/drift-suction-cup-mount-2

• Like Like x 1
  3. Some footage from last year's EMM
    Low res I'm afraid.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Thanks for the tips. I also have a Drift too BTW.
    Problem is, I seem to have already used up most of the likely mounting places. I have a sat nav mounted in the middle of the screen and a steering damper on the yoke/tank mount. The crash bungs don't stick out far enough to mount on them.

I am loath to trust a camera to a single suction cup...I could go for a triple suction cup perhaps but there is a potential for either it getting knocked off, or worse damaging a panel.
    The handlebar mount is a good call if it runs parallel with the mirror. I have loads of ram bits and will try that first, but maybe I need to swap my R&G bungs for crash bars and use one of those to mount a camera.

I have never had a bike as hard as the Mut to fix a camera to lol

5. This is where I have mine mounted:
    20180225_105704.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. I fabricated a bracket for mine

IMG_4778.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. I use a single suction cup but I have a cord to tie it to the frame, just in case. However it’s not fallen off yet

#7 Twin4me, Apr 21, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
  8. Thanks for the ideas all :)

9. If you have the Aux riding lights fitted you can use the light bracket, swap the bolt for the lights over for a long ram bolt - with a bit of filing for the bolt hole - this then gives you a mounting point on the left or right at the same height at the Aux lights. I have an OLFI camera mounted in that way and the video quality is excellent.

10. That sounds like good placement, have you got a picture?

11. I do this. Single GoPro suction mount, Also have a GoPro Session and a helmet mount.

12. This the OLFI mounted on the Aux light. I used a piece of alloy tube over most of the long RAM bolt with a nut on the end just so it looked better.
    I use it as a SMIDSY Camera mainly so it comes on with the bike and is on loop recording, at 1080p and 60fps a 64Gb card does about 4 hours of recording.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  13. Thats a good idea for the mount. I have a Roadhawk Bullet camera mounted under the beak hard wired to come on and go off with the ignition also on a loop. I get about 4 hours @ 1080p 60fps on a 32 Gb card.
    IMG_5500 3.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  14. This is mine.....holder from eBay, just bent it so it’s straight, clears screen on full lock as well

1B02B38A-217E-4208-8CA6-CFC37A1C128D.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  15. Have you thought about mounting it to your helmet or using the GoPro chest harness? It gives you a better shot of some of you and the bike IMO. I have also used the GoPro suction cup and it is solid. I've had it on the side fairing and am going to try it mounted to the top of one of my panniers next

16. I do have a chest harness and I do have helmet mounts, but I am not a fan of fastening stuff to my body in case I have a mishap.

I have bought and just fitted some SW-Motech crash bars instead of my R&G's though, so I do have somewhere to fit the camera now :)

I was in two minds whether to go R&G or crash bar when I got the bike lol. If I had chosen correctly first time, I could have saved myself 80 quid on R&G's :(

• Like Like x 1
  17. I bought a longer 10mm bolt and fitted it to the mirror attachment, perfect for me.

• Like Like x 1
  18. simply stick a straight gorpo base on the black edge next to the screen, of the fairing itself, it is not seen it does not hinder and it messes with the left hand (important not to use the brake hand), action pro dji camera (similar to the gopro 8 perfect images

support photo and test video:

Captura de pantalla 2020-04-24 a las 19.51.30.png

its 4k qualyti

19. I ended up like this in the end.

Possibly more adapters than I like - but its secure enough and I can slide the camera on and off in seconds :)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. I mount mine on the nose, between the headlights, never had a problem with it there.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information