1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multistrada Gearbox Issue

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Beef, May 16, 2018.

1. Hello all.....
    Was on a blast to visit friends, slowing down I changed into 5th, let the clutch out, nothing, clutch in, try to move lever with foot and it is solid. Dash says 5th but it’s obviously somewhere in between. I disconnected the lever, that moves fine so it’s definitly the shaft that’s stuck. Any ideas?
    Currently awaiting recovery

• Like Like x 1
  2. Stupid suggestion really, but have you tried rocking it back and fore ?

3. The bike that is.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Hello all.....
    Was on a blast to visit friends, slowing down I changed into 5th, let the clutch out, nothing, clutch in, try to move lever with foot and it is solid. Dash says 5th but it’s obviously somewhere in between. I disconnected the lever, that moves fine so it’s definitly the shaft that’s stuck. Any ideas?
    Currently awaiting recovery

5. It’s in a false neutral......

6. Could it be this?

7. Oooh!Sounds like somethings come adrift.Have you got home yet?

8. Home in the back of a recovery van, 2 hrs wait at the roadside. Ordered an alternator puller and will have a look inside when it arrives

9. My money is on a broken control fork return spring, allowing the fork to move out of place and jam the change mechanism.

• Useful Useful x 2
  10. Yes, that tool will fit your bike

• Like Like x 1
  11. My Alternator puller arrived on Saturday, I got the cover off and can see that the selector fork is stuck fast against one of the pins on the selector drum.
    It doesn't look like the spring is broke but until my flywheel holder arrives I can't investigate any further.

Snell (Ducati Alton) have been very helpful on the phone, I will give them a ring today and see what they think from what I can see.

Did I say I'm meant to be going to Europe on 8th June? :worried:

file-1.jpeg

file1-1.jpeg

file2-1.jpeg

file3-1.jpeg

12. Amazing pictures, can only help people in future with a similar problem. If I have the right mechanism, you are probably right to be looking down the back of the flywheel (as best you can at the moment!). The design is certainly different to earlier models, and it could be that the circlip (item 22 below) has managed to pop off and allow the control fork to move towards the engine.

4D289E3F-58D2-459B-8B55-60A4693A89A5.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  13. @PGP @nelly may be able to help from the pictures. Good luck :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Hi there its normally the bigger spring that breaks no.4 in your pic. and causes this issue good luck thats hope its not internal

• Like Like x 2
    • Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
  15. Correct item 4 (spring) has been known to break and cause issues, I think someone in the States does a stronger spring as a mod
    You also need to get the adjustment correct on item 5 when you rebuild, it needs to have the correct equal clearance on the arm (item 6) so you get correct gear shift operation up and down

It describes this in the workshop manual, ill try and find the link

• Like Like x 1
  16. Found it

upload_2018-5-21_11-53-19.png

• Useful Useful x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information