1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multistrada Issues

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Lykourgos, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Hello Everyone

I own a 2010 Multistrada 1200 and i have 3 main issues haha surprise surprise.

First is my Fuel sensor.
    I know that some will have the same issue, when ever i go to gas station after a wile all lights go crazy like a christmas tree, sometimes i think my bike is a special Christmas edition or something
    as far i know it was a general issue for this models 2010 or 2011
    i heard that i should change it with a new sensor, latest one which is ok.....IS THAT TRUE or im going to have the same issue ?

Second i have an issue with my ABS
    I had a minor accident, and since then the ABS light is on, i went to an independent certified ducati service in London and they told me that it might be a cable issue, because they are very tightened so with the accident might have been cut ooor it might be something more serious, i hope not.
    Does anyone know roughly how much is going to be to fix this problem ? i mean the lower price and highest ?

Third issue is the ignition / battery issue
    lately my bike wont start, i mean the bike is on, all lights are on ready to go and when i press the ignition button NOTHING just a SSSSSSS noise. I was thinking that it might be an electrical leak but im not sure
    during the last weeks the issue is more often, and its a bit annoying.
    eventually the engine will start but after 7-8 times switching on and off the main power on the bike
    Does anyone have a similar issue ?

And for last.. Does anyone knows a DECENT service for ducatis in London ?
    Im not happy at all with my current dealer and i want to find a different one
    i did my Desmo service and im not happy at all, plus i think i paid 1100 pounds for nothing, apart from new brake disk and front/back braking pads etc.

PLEASE HELP :) :)
    THANKS

2. Thread moved

Ps introduce yourself properly in the newbies section too

• Like Like x 1
  3. Near London.... try Pro Twins.

That depends whether your South London.
    It’s a big place.!

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. I always get mine done at Proteam Ducati - Rochester but they pick up and deliver

• Like Like x 2
  5. Me too, good pair of mechanics. Alec and Mike

• Like Like x 1
  6. welcome lykourgos, buy a new battery & either fit it or get it fitted. They only last 2-3years on average, write in black marker the date it was brought on it.

Get a new fuel sensor brought & fitted. Keep a folder of what you've done to the bike.

Tell us about this minor accident/collosion/off'

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yeah, Alec at Pro Team did mine. Felt like he didn't rip me off and I had VFM. Will be going back as I trust him and was satisfied with the work.

• Like Like x 1
  8. MD Racing used to be pretty good and is independent so should charge accordingly

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. well im North but im very flexible with the location

10. Cool, do you know how much they charge for pick up / delivery ? maybe i can call them
    Thank you for the info

• well mine is about 2 years old now
    • Yes i read somewhere that i should get the fuel sensor that the part number should end in D or E which is the most updated
    • i was in Piccadilly road filtering and a ''Lady'' appeared from nowhere (she was in front of a Van) running to cross the road. i had just open the throttle because i had clear space in front of me.......i was on Sport mode :D ..... so i guess you can imagine what happened afterwards. I think she will use the zebra crossing from now on
    so since this incident the ABS indicator was always ON, the fuel sensor started to act funny (it was going to happen anyway i think) , and after a wile i started having issues with the ignition

11. I'm in South Essex and collection and delivery was £35. If you call them they'll give you an accurate price.

12. IGNITION- could be just the switch on the handllebar, do a search on here, I remember some people taking apart and cleaning at it all worked fine.
    ABS - I would get this checked by a Ducati mechanic, should be easy to trace.
    FUEL SENSOR - mines a bit lazy and takes a minute or two to reset, it’s ok after that. Maybe a new one is what you need - probably a job for someone who has done it before

13. Amazing that’s very helpful
    Thank you very much

14. Have you checked to see if the front ABS ring has a dent in it? A simple spin of the wheel while off the ground or on a balancer will show it up. A plastic headed hammer could well correct any deviation in the sensor ring. If that is what it is..

• Like Like x 2
  15. Also check the ABS sensor on the brake disc isn't damaged or bent (I was told this can even get damaged by a stone flicking up)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Regarding the ABS, Does the speedo still work ?
    If it does then the rear sensor is likely to be ok. If not, then start with that one.

start by checking the connections of the ABS sensors.
    Do a visible check of the cables first, to ensure the cable has not worn through on something, or a cable pulled out of the connector.
    I would start with the front one, tracing the wiring up from the left front caliper to up under the forks. The connector is on the lower fork yolk.

Can you use a multimeter ?
    If the cables look ok then unplug them one at a time and put a meter across the pins to determine the resistance. If you get a reading all should be ok, if its open circuit that is not right.

You could also consider downloading the jpdiag software and buying a lead, so you can then read the OBD fault codes from the bike.

Since you have starting issues I would be checking things like engine earth (connection is left hand side of trellis frame, just above the water pump), battery connections, main starter relay connections, etc. If the battery turns the bike over after a number of tries then it probably isnt the battery itself, a poor battery would give up and not turn over after a few tries.

Regarding the christmas trees, it depends what you mean by this. Early bikes had problems with neutral and full beam indicators being on at times, which was caused by poor circuit design. Most(?) of these should have been replaced under warranty. If you are seeing all sorts of other lights coming on randomly, this is likely to be a poor connection, and I would be checking earths. If you remove the panel below the left side of the tank behind the radiator, this is where the ecu and some other relays are. Check the wiring in this area. Also check the wiring from the handleabar controls incase it got snagged during your off.

That gives you a few things to try ;)

• Like Like x 2
  17. I have checked, but everything looked fine. The thing is that I don’t have ABS in general front or rear, so I think it’s a cable issue, probably after my “minor” accident.
    It must be the connection in the fork, I checked and it’s very tightened..but I’m not an expert to be 100% sure

18. It doesn’t look to have a damage/scratch etc but I’ll check again anyway

19. I don’t have any ABS front and rear, I tried to test them somewhere same and the rear just block, ABS didn’t work, the front doesn’t work either but I’m 100% sure since I didn’t push it so much, but scared haha
    Something tells me that it might be the connection in the front fork, the cable tie that holds the two cables it looks very tight. I hope that this is the problem with ABS and not something else.
    I have a multimeter But I haven’t tested yet
    The Christmas tree comes on when ever I go to gas station, after 5 minutes starts the Christmas show for a wile and then back to normal, the thing is that it got worse after my desmo service couple of months ago...so I’m a bit suspicious but I can’t do anything.
    Also you mentioned about the left side panel with the ecu and relays which I haven’t checked, Mind that in the accident I fell on the left side.
    Anyway thank you very much, you were very helpful, I’ll try to check the things that I can, and the rest, someone experienced
    By the way, Do you know any good service ? Some guys here told about DUCATI PRO TEAM, which I checked and they have really good comments

Do Not Sell My Personal Information