1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Multistrada V4 Front Paddock Stand Options

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by johnny, Dec 4, 2021.

1. After some research, I think that the insert into the underside of the forks and the insert into the head stock type paddock stands will not work with the Multi V4.

Ducati want 165 quid for a fat bobbin type stand that rests under the calliper arms

My question is if I get front bobbins will this combo work. I have a normal front paddock and could use this with new arms to save space and money

https://iconicparts.uk/shop/ols/products/multistrada-v4-front-axle-lifter-bobbin-kit

https://www.bikermart.co.uk/BikeTek-Motorbike-Paddock-Stand-Bobbin-Hook-Adaptors

2. Why won't a head stock stand work?

3. Doh, I was looking at this just to clean the bike but of course! bloody hell...I have a week of shed head so yes thanks for that I need to try again. I have one of thoes stands i think it just does not sit right

Protector plate in the way

4. It's a one minute job to remove that. It's held by three screws.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Is no paddock stand but the Abba Sky lift is very useful and both wheels out at the same time and secure .

6. Yes, if it's like the DVT just three small cap headed Allen bolts and it drops away to reveal the stem hole.

I use a 27mm spigot on my cheap, cheerful but useable stand. It comes with a selection of spigots but not one big enough, hence the first link above. If not a 1200/1260 DVT then measure hole first to verify required size.

Use in conjunction with a rear paddock stand though as raising the front of the bike is likely to lift the bike off of the centre stand and onto the rear wheel which is very unstable and liable to catastrophe.

7. Umm, so I have nearly sorted the front, only to find the rear is tricky with no flat surface on both sides of the swinging arm!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information