1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Multistrada V4

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Lambliesdown, Aug 10, 2020.

1. So no real images of the V4 yet, no details of specs and no prices announced. But I’ve just ordered one. Am I mad?

2. Possibly.
    Going from your forum name, are you a Carpet Crawler? The V4 Multi would look good on Broadway.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Certifiably. But you have balls and a deep sense of faith.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. its going to have at least 2 or 3 models for sure.
    with 17 and 19 frontwheel.
    the dealer you droped the deposit gave to you any informations?

5. There is a massive spoiler thread, which this should join.

I modify my comment as you may be the first to order one? And please pray tell what price did it cost? What is the spec?? Who was the dealer who've allowed this transaction to take place??

#5 GunZenBomZ, Aug 10, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
  6. YES.

7. Ducati gave me the option of placing a £500 deposit in January 2019

I declined.

8. :scream: Lambliesdown; Unequivocally YES - now off you go to be slaughtered.......:eyes:
    Hell man, you must have enquired in great detail with Ducati and your preferred dealership about the detailed specification for the bike, before parting with any sort of deposit?
    How else do you know what you are buying?! :pensive:
    Also, be ready for being kicked in the proverbials when you try to insure it, as with it being anew model, it will almost certainly NOT be listed in any insurers categories.
    Let us all know what you've bought, when you get it and hopefully it arrives looking a little like you hoped/anticipated it might be.
    Good luck :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. At least if you put a deposit down on a Tesla Cybertruck its $100 and you can have your money back if you dont like the finished result. That’s just queue jumping not gambling.

10. Mad ?
    Well to be honest, you will almost certainly be a beta tester, but I have no doubt you will be one happy chappy.

Fair play to you for slapping a deposit down. I might investigate myself now I know they are being accepted.
    Some of us did this speculatively before the 1200 came out. I had a deposit on a bike before any firm details were out (prices, spec, colours, etc), well before it was shown at Milan. Consequently had one of the first in the country.
    The deal was, if I didnt like what I saw when the details were confirmed, I would have my deposit refunded / transferred.

@TonyMNo1 Getting insurance wasn't an issue, my insurers knew what models were available. I've never had an issue insuring a new model of car / bike.

11. I just ordered a 1260 S GT with a full termi system, I learnt my lesson with the first round of 1200's, I'll grab the V4 after it's been around for a while :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. JohnW, you seem to have mis-understood my point, or I simply didn't explain it well enough.
    When I first bought the 1260, I was advised that insurer' underwriters didn't have the bike listed at that time, even several months after release. As such it was possible to get insurance, however, priced as a 'one-off, which meant the quoted price was rather higher than my previous Pikes Peak, with a full Termi fitted. Although I queried how so, with a bike, that was pretty much identical, at that time, it didn't seem to make any difference. My insurers then and now; MCE.
    Maybe it depends upon with whom one insures!

13. No problem Tony, I get what you mean.
    I had no issues insuring my bikes when they were new models, with no significant premium hike.
    I use Cornmarket, who used to be called IAM Surety.

14. Still are, if you are a paid up member ;) Andy

• Like Like x 1
  15. Could you stick a picture of your bike on here as I’ve ordered the full system for mine, but haven’t seen a GT with it fitted?

16. 0BB680F1-056C-4DC9-B17C-C6345158A5D0.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. Thanks, that looks good. It’s a shame they don’t do a black or carbon silencer, but once I get a smaller hanger it should suit my bike more, as I’ve had a few bits powder coated already.

18. Sorry for the late response, here is a couple on the day of pickup with panniers and top box, and the other is my wife next to it without panniers.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  19. Furthermore, I just popped down to the garage as I've since fitted a tail tidy and LED indicators to the rear since I got the bike. Do not underestimate how bloody loud it is given the size of the thing. I ride without the baffle and it's pops on downshift and upshift are so nice! And it's not loud when cruising at motorway speed, only when you open it up which was something I was concerned about before I tried it. You will absolutely love it![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  20. Never buy a new bike in its first year . I wait until all the niggles are ironed out

Do Not Sell My Personal Information