1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Multistrada V4s Recall - Engine Replacement

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by johnny, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Dealer called this morning, an issue has occurred with some of the Multi V4 engines (something to do with valve guides) Ducati set up a conference call to discuss.

Only option to engines effected (not all are) is to replace it. It is unknown at this stage weather there shall be enough engines coming but it affects 127 UK bikes. Delay could be 3/4 weeks or 10+ if the bikes have to go back.

My dealer is examining other options and shall report back next week. All this frigging time waiting, then this.

Some talk about a compensation package for those badly effected too,

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. I wonder what percentage that 127 accounts to overall? I would guess as it’s so early in the release that it’s pretty high?

• Like Like x 1
  3. So I guess it’s a plus for finding the problem before anyone has been injured or heaven forbid, killed due to a catastrophic engine failure but it puts a big question over the monitoring of the quality of bought in parts. I wonder how many of the 127 UK owners purchased on pcp and will walk away. Would definitely not want to be in Ducati America’s shoes right now. Andy

4. £1500 in kit and free servicing was mentioned and i guess this may be to keep ther PCP people on board mainly

5. At least that's something. Though missing out on the start of the season, especially after a year of lock-down, must be a pretty bitter pill after all the months of anticipation, then getting the bike only to have it taken away again.... :confused:

Really feel for those that have exchanged perfectly good bikes eagerly wanting one of these to be left without a ride.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Oh dear. Sounds like product testing is being carried out by the new owners.
    This is exactly why I'll never buy a new bike or car. I'd rather all the faults and recalls be done before I take ownership.

#6 Siddo, Mar 27, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Nowt serious then....

• Funny Funny x 5
  8. Just heard from a friend of mine in Norway and his new bike has been passed as OK according to the Ducati VIN recall checker

9. Here is what will happen in europe for the recall:

1) The motorcycle will be taken to the dealer, who will prepare it for shipment.

2) Ducati will send a suitable vehicle to pick up the motorcycles and bring them to Borgo Panigale.

3) The engine will be removed from the motorcycle and the entire heads will be replaced, not just the part in question.

4) the motorcycles are returned to the dealer.

To carry out this work, a special assembly line has been set up and the staff has been increased. 20 hours of work are required for disassembly and reassembly. The motorcycles are returned to the customer after 3/4 weeks. All those affected will receive free inspections for 2 years and, at the customer's discretion, a replacement motorcycle for the entire period or a voucher for 1500 euros for accessories. About 300 motorcycles are affected.
    The action is not listed as a recall on the Ducati website.
    Source: DucatiMultistrada.it

• Like Like x 1
  10. A loan bike OR a voucher?? I’d have thought, given the inconvenience that a loan bike AND a voucher for accessories would be more appropriate.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Eeek, got my test drive booked for tomorrow ...

12. I think in reality those with the disposable income to buy/finance a £20k+ bike don’t rely on it as their only means of transport, if they did they’d own a Honda ;):laughing:
    I’ll bet there’s some hoping theirs is on the recall list and are already browsing the Ducati store to see what goodies their £1500 will buy (assuming that offer is forthcoming?)

13. Full Termi, no brainier! :p

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Credit where credit is due I think. They have identified a problem, designed a fix, instigated a recall and offered suitable compensation; all in short order. Quick and clean, just as it should be. They have not let it rumble on for years like pretty much every other manufacturer would; big hand to them for swift action and establishing a good precedent for others to follow. A new industry bench mark for best practice me thinks (if it happens that is!)....?

• Agree Agree x 9
  15. I was very close to buying a v4s last week test drove and preferred 1260 ( plus 6 k less) my mate also advised wait for second gen and issues to be sorted out really glad I didn’t Ducati proactive approach commended but if they didn’t the cost of someone dying would be in millions and reputation completely destroyed
    Been told new engines will be shipped and 16 hrs labour to refit new engine
    E2000 compensation but not sure about loan bike ? Insurance costs ? Extended warranty ? better than Bmw who refused to admit my s1000xr had vibration problems told it was normal for bike not normal to get numb fingers from vibrations shame on you Bmw emailed them never answered me

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. I think BMW set the industry benchmark a while ago. But delighted to see I’m wrong and Ducati are stepping up with an offer of alternative bike :upyeah:

17. Everyone, every where, on every bike forum knows XR and that whole range are vibey.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Hmmm, back when I purchased my brand new T595 there was an issue with the frames. Mine got recalled by Triumph, I was given a loan T509 until mine was re-framed.

I had the loaner for so long I had a phone call from my dealer to return the loan bike or Triumph would report it stolen....I did have it for about 6 weeks of hooning. :)

19. TBF I didn’t until you posted this.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Except BMW and bmw dealers who tell me that I should just buy a new X-RAY tried it still bloody viby between 65-75 and though seat
    They even had the gall to tell me finance is brilliant at 7.5% err bank rates are half

Do Not Sell My Personal Information