1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Must Find Another Bike.

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Arquebus, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Got bad withdrawal symptoms.

Something lightweight like a Yamaha 2 Stroke 200+cc.....YR5, YDS7, RD (not LC).

I don't have the strength for heavy bikes any more.

Working runner which needs improvement / fiddling around with etc.

Something around £2K would be ideal.

AL

• Like Like x 8
    • Love You Love You x 1
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Nice one Al :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sadly I think you might be right.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cheers Sev,

Don't want a dirt bike of any type....my legs were always too short and they haven't got any longer.
    The Suzuki looks interesting (apart from some of the seller's comments) but again I think the final bid will exceed what I want to spend.
    Don't really want a 4 stroke.....even if it has got an electric start (although I admit I had been considering a Guzzi V35 Imola).

Must go for a light weight 2 stroke between 200 and 400cc I think......easier to kick start for me.....I have lost so much strength my legs are blind and my eyes are weak........:)

5. if you can find one how about a benelli 250 2c great little bikes really easy to work on etc
    and great looking machines but admit i am a bit biased lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. How about an MZ 250 ?

Surely they’re still cheap, pretty robust and tuneable.

7. Even MZ's ?

Blimey.

Couple of friends and I used to race one years ago ( I didn't ride, but had fun tuning the engine ).

Going to have a look later, still have a couple of 'tuned' engines in my shed.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Here's another GT250A
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suzuki-2...DefaultOrganic&_trksid=p2047675.c100010.m2109

9. Ha! Thanks for all the comments and replies.....I am currently considering many options including a fairly immaculate single cylinder Villers engined 1957 trials bike, good runner.....exceeds my budget unless I can get the price down.

Am I being daft?

10. Go for it Al there has to be something nice to keep life interesting :)

11. Checking out the seat height......trying to keep the dealer interested enough to get a sale, so he drops his price a bit.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Fingers crossed

13. Yes, I know I said I didn't want a dirt bike, but this one is rather nice.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information