1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Mutistrada Dvt - Which Exhaust?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Neil987, May 27, 2015.

1. Hello all, newbie to this forum but have been riding an MTS for the last year. I thought this was the best bike I've ever owned until i test ride the new DVT Multistrada, so a deposit was paid and am awaiting delivery in June. Has anyone got any advice for which full exhaust i should fit? The new Termi comes with a CAT box and am not sure if this is what i want?

2. Nothing wrong with the stock exhaust - spend the money on a nice trip somewhere instead and enjoy the bike.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. +1 on that. I'd definitely wait and see how the stock pipe feels and sounds before I did anything on a upgrade.

4. Thanks guys, i don't disagree, just wondering if anyone has taken the leap yet? More than happy to wait and see what people choose... Also, the induction noise on the DVT is awesome, so who needs loud exhaust !?!

5. The new engine comes to life at 6000 revs and so does the exhaust. It barks and snarls a treat. Having invested £1500 quid on a QD for my 2013 I'm delighted that I'm not going to go down the same route when I get the new DVT.

6. Er yes, me. I've ordered the full system and awaiting delivery.

Its a safety feature for town riding. Can't announce my presence by going over 6k!

Same price as previous model. That one developed a leak just under 2 years so hopefully can claim the new one under that warranty.

The cat is in the pipe itself. So the big cat box underneath will be removed.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Removing the big cat box is a definite attraction

8. I'd want the full system inc de-cat for sure just to save a ton of weight and let the bike breath properly how its meant to
    instead of having to comply with EU emission bullshit.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Is anyone aware of any other exhaust options? Still early days, but I can't seem to find anything besides the termi! Got my dvt arriving late june but won't be considering and exhaust change until a few months after however

10. Also intersted to see what other full exhaust options arrive in the near future... My DVT also driving in June, i think i will wait for month or two to see what becomes available.

11. The accelerated timetable probably caught everyone by surprise. Givi and Touratech probably have their hands full with the OEM bits that they haven't released anything for the DVT under their own label.

No word on when the full Termis are ready. So doubt there will be anything till later this year. I suspect the slipons should just fit fromn the old bike. But of course we would prefer newer designs.

Akrapovic at the very least should do a full system since they are now part of the WSB setup.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Most modern bikes now incorporate a flapper valve within the exhaust system, to control the noise levels below the noise reg. checks.

Is there one on the new Multi you can disconnect, to get a beefier note throughout the rev range?

13. Like all the 1200s, there is a big cat box with the exhaust valve on. The pipes at the end do f-all.

There valve is linked to a cable which the bike tests on startup. If the cable does not get tensioned, it will return a "EVL Error" on the dash. A bypass pipe with a dummy spring/mechanism is available from all the non-Ducati full system manufacturers. eg Mivv, Arrow, Akrapovic. You can definitely purchase the Mivv and Arrow ones on its own.

None for the DVT out yet.

Amongst the full Termi ECU upmap is to stop looking for the valve on startup.

Latest word on full Termi is 20 Jun. 2015...

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I hope Akrapovic do a full system, I think there better quality and sound better than the termi

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. And the Akra looks nice :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Will putting the full system increase the fuel spend ? (Mpg) is anyone notice this before. I order a slip on but I didn't knew that there is a full system . I might get the full system too.

17. any further news on exhausts yet?

Do we know 100% that older gen decats don't fit or hasn't anybody tried?

I was always more than happy with my Mivv Suono + decat on the 2012 i had and judging by certain eBay people they're suggesting 2015 fitment.

Ive emailed Mivv today to check but id be amazed, and indeed happy, if the DVT had all bolts and bends in the same place as the previous generation

18. Possibly. Only because you can gun it more! The full system makes the engine rev more easily. I find myself holding on to lower gears longer before shifting.

Definitely get the full system . I feel much safer.

19. I bought a slip on and sold it after using one week ! What a shame ! The termi exhaust is actually shameful ! It's quiter then standart and the exhaust note is not there unless you open it up rev everywhere with 7000 rpm . Worst thing I ever buy on a bike

20. The cat kills the sound. Can just for looks. Multistrada are quieter as they are aimed for ghe German BMW market. They prefer quite bikes. Diavel though is loud, even stock. Full system louder than Multi's

Do Not Sell My Personal Information