1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MV Agusta F4

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Major, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Anyone on here owned/ridden an MV Agusta F4 2010 onwards (square pipes not round). Seen one up for sale today and it looks absolutley gorgeous. Wondered if it would a good replacement for my 848 or maybe that third bike I'm after.

Any opinions on the MV, good or bad?

2. Flippin awesome is the word on the street.

Winniethepoo off the old forum traded his 1098 in for (round pipe 312 model) and he loves it.

Ive just spent this evening dribbling over the new F3..... oh boy, stunner!

3. Admitted they look wonderful but at the end of the day it's a 4 not a twin. it goes a lot deeper than the bodywork in my view. If you want a 4 there are a lot to choose from.

4. I tried one before opting for the RSV4. It was a decent enough bike, fast committed and really well finished. Not a lot to fault, if you like IL4's then you'll love it. If you like twins I don't think you will, but then the 1199 is not like any twin I've ridden from Ducati before, so the times they are a changing!!

5. As mentioned being a 4 its a totally different bike to any Duke, and there are better handling and faster 4 cyl sportsbikes out there, argueably not as good looking. The fuelling is a bit dodgy with a disconcerting gap in the powerband around 10k. Dunno amything about reliabliity. Personally, its gorgeous looks wouldent outweigh the negatives for me.

6. I had a 312RR, I loved it, the only trouble was I was either stood in the garage looking at it or riding it at speed that would find me bending over for the soap at HM pleasure. I found it impossible to ride in any other way but fast, it's like a fairground ride, 'the faster you go, the bigger the smile and better the ride'. The build quality is so incredible, to such an extent that I would often lift the seat and lgaze at how the ECU was mounted on the subframe, designed not just a bit of space o shove h ECU.

7. Thanks for that chaps. Fact is I do love my twins so maybe it's not an option, test ride wouldn't hurt though!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information