1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mv Agustas

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by fabriciom, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Right, I have only owned one Ducati and had some mechanical problems that where sorted and over all I herd of their hickups.

Any who while I'm looking for a 1198s I decided to take a look at the agustas. Oh dear, I was amazed at how terrible those engines are. Their forums are mostly just help threads talking about all sorts of problems.

So yes I'm back to waiting for a decent 1198s.

#1 fabriciom, Jul 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Never owned one but I do like their heritage and name.
    Yours a dedicated Ducati owner.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. its your right, and your wallet...

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. They have appeal, but every one of them is either continuously breaking down or has been ultra heavily modified to run well. It’s like buying a Maserati from the 80s.

5. Threads merged

6. We have a contractor at work who had an F4 on his last stint working at our place (i saw the bike in the car park but never knew who owned it) and he's just returned last week on a panigale, so naturally i had to find out who the owner was.....i asked why he got rid of the MV and he said that he had nothing but problems with it and (i dont think anyone could beat Ducati in this sense) but he said the finish was awful...i did hasten to add that his Panigale was a 16 plate so theres more than enough time for his lovely new bike to start rotting.... :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Didn't have a minutes problem with my F4 sold it in a moment of madness and bought a Benelli now that's a different story

• Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  8. i have had a Gen 1 F4 for 16 years 30,000 miles coverd only minor faults none of which stop me using it. todays failure an exception. QR fuel connector fractured. awaiting the arrival of metal ones from the states
    Mind you I agree that the later models especiaĺy the 3 cylinder ones are troublesome

9. F4750S Evo 3's were a well sorted bike - the 1st and 2nd Gen had a few issues. I might have a Gen 3 for sale soon btw :innocent:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  10. A bit like our multistrada forum :D

There were some very well sorted mv's. I also question some owners however. I wonder how many went from something like a honda and then bought a ducati or mv and didn't understand they were not like a honda, kawasaki, yahama etc

Most italian bikes are an "experience" as much as a motorcycle and some who are unprepared or poorly researched, may see the sometimes higher attention to their bike as "all italian bikes are shit and forever causing issues"

If you were riding regularly and doing more miles, I would probably favour the 1198s over a mv but I wouldn't rule out an mv

• Like Like x 1
  11. Never had a pick of bother with mine in the 8 years I had it. :upyeah:

2.jpg
    1.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  12. Lovely looking bike but my heart is set on a 1198s

#12 fabriciom, Jul 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  13. Sorry about that, I was fiddling with my mobile phone.

14. Your as bad with your avatar :D
    Will I won’t I

• Funny Funny x 4
  15. Base 1198 is where it's at! :D

16. I would if I could modify the bike but laws are too strick over here. Yearly vehicle inspection, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  17. 400 :mad:

18. 10k on my 800 still on original battery not had a single issue

Most of them only get ridden now and again and people’s understanding is poor

Warranty is now 3 years and dealers who survived the recent problems are strong. Living near a good one gives piece of mind

The three Ducati’s I’ve owned have all had issues

MV forum is like here but without 90% if the loose women style chat so yes I can understand it looks like everyone moaning - would be similar here but for the kaftan wearing cross dressers keeping up the cheery banter ;p.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information