1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mv F3 800 Anyone?

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by mak24seven, Jul 18, 2016.

1. I have a rare day off tomorrow and thinking of taking a run out on the multi to see one of these bikes in the flesh. There are 2 that have caught my eye one at cmc and one at ed stoker mv.

I have got plans to buy an 899 but since spotting these bikes I might change my mind.
    I will be armed with cash so might strike an impulsive deal .

My mv brutale 989r and my 848 evo are being sold and I intend to just have 2 bikes from now on. The multi and a sports bike.

Has anyone on hear had a go on one and if so thoughts and opinions welcomed .

2. I think its a great looker, never ridden one though! isn't a dealer near me, is there one by you? parts may be a problem ?

3. There seems to be a few dealers still about but to be honest I don't really no how stable the network is. Ed Stoker is an official dealer and his site looks very professional, its a 100 miles away from me so not to far, it will give me the 1st real opertunatey to have a decent ride out on the multi :).

4. I had a look at one a little while ago, super small! They are like a 125 to sit on. I liked it but I'll be honest and say that some beautiful features and touches are let down by the view in and around the cockpit, it just felt a bit cheap when sat on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Interesting, the brutale dash feels a bit cheap as well. Would you say the bike felt smaller than your 899 ? To be honest I am sticking with my plan for just 2 bikes and the 848 evo is just to un comfy for me to enjoy on the odd chance I get time to ride the thing. It actually feels ridiculous if you jump straight off a multistrada and take it for a spin but I guess that's going from one extreme to the other.

6. It will feel absolutely minute compared to the 848 evo mate! The dash has been face lifted compared to the original but it's the details, it's the fact it doesn't have a steering damper and the switch gear is a little naff, compared to the lovely machine finished yoke and nicely fitted panels. Also the horn wires were hitting the headlight wiring on the one I sat on when I turned the steering.

I'm sure they ride great, and have some lush detailing but just make sure u do go look at the 899/959 also as I just felt that it was a much more 'finished' product.

I do think I would prefer the triple engine though at times, much wider power curve.

Oh... And the main issue with the f3 seems to be sprag clutches failing on the 800 and small oil leaks from cases needing tightening up a touch. Again, niggles and if u have a really passionate dealer they can make the difference!

7. A couple of guys I know have them, the sprag clutch issue seems to be sorted now - on it's 3rd design now (?).
    For my tuppenceworth, the F3RC is the one to have the paintjob really brings out the lines of the bike.

8. Well I set off a little late at 10.30am and the hundred miles there turned into 120 due to the sun on the sat nav :-( .
    Did anyone suggest I take the car with air con today? Holy sh$t I have never been so hot and the m42 was blocked so traffic hell :-(.
    Arrived at Ed Cosker mv mid day, what a really nice place in the middle of no where and had a poke around the f3 800 15 plate. I had a quick 10 mile run out on the bike and it is definitely comfier than the 848 evo although as stated it is small.
    The Throttle is as described on the internet and very digital and artificial feeling but they are going to see if it has the latest firmware loaded.
    From my short sweaty uncomfortable but most enjoyable day out I reckon I will get to like this bike :)
    I guess I should of tried an 899 but I am to impulsive so this will sit nicely in the garage next to the multi :) . It gets delivered week after next.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  9. Sweet. Is it that actual bike? I thought u would love it. I know a few very happy owners, and I was very close to getting one myself. Either the 899/MV f3 are just as good imho

10. Yes mate that is my actual bike, rolled it out the show room and off I went. I have a lot to tinker with on this bike and they are full of electronic toys but I will get used to that in my own time. My main concern today was to really try and get a feeling for the ergonomics of the bike and make sure it has a nice torque curve which I have heard the 899 is lacking.
    The conditions for me where not great because it was so hot and I had already travelled 120 miles there ( incidentally I haven't ridden that far in one go for over 10 years lol ) but on both counts it works for me. Holy sh$t they sound nice on full chat :)

11. Yeah, the 899 is frustrating me a little bit at the mo, I want the stomp from no revs that my 848 evo had, so I'm going to try and change the gearing a bit. Ironic as the dyno shows the 899 makes more torque but something about the electronics means it just doesn't feel like it.

I've spent a lot of time on Daytona 675 triples, they are a really addictive engine combination!!! I can only imagine the 800 just adds a load of top end

12. That a bloody nice bike.....I'm bloody jealous. Bloody enjoy.

13. Its been a long few weeks and have since been on holiday :) . Back to reality tomorrow :-( . The original bike I placed a deposit on is not my bike any more, boring story but deposit placed on this bike and all being well pick it up next Saturday 13th . I should of had the bike 2 weeks ago but its waiting for a part along with its 1st service but hopefully this coming Saturday I can actually post a pic of it at home on the drive :) link below
    Used RED / SILVER  MV Agusta  for Sale | South Yorkshire

14. That looks lovely!!!! What happened to the original one then?

15. A matter of maths and what I truly wonted, this bike popped up the day after I had placed a deposit on the previous bike, yes you should never keep looking at the classifieds after you have purchased something :-( .
    To be honest there were other concerns I had after the event and this bike is the latter 2015 model, ( actually the old bike was a 2014 model registered in 2015) Yes it was more money but a virtually new bike with those miles and the company has gone out its way to locate the bike into an mv approved garage for its 1st service and part that is required so I feel good about this one, just hope its ready for this weekend as this is the longest I have ever waited for a 2nd hand bike :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. I had noticed the first one was a 2014 model, I much prefer the 2015 colours with the red frame

17. Ok, the part they are waiting for has not arrived yet, I have now been informed by the mv dealer that the factory ( or Italy) is on holiday next week and there will be no deliveries for at least 2 weeks maybe 3. I have been waiting to collect this bike for 3 weeks today.
    It is gut wrenching but I am seriously thinking about cancelling my deposit tomorrow and getting a panigale like my original plan.
    I will make the decision tomorrow .

18. 3 weeks! Summer will be over.... .

19. Exactly mate, and the last bank holiday will be over, much as I wont this bike and at 370 miles it is virtually new it is still a 2nd hand bike and to be asked to wait 6 weeks is a bit to much for me, I normally spot a bike in the classifieds and leg it down there the day after to pick it up.
    It also begs the question how will the manufactureus warranty be if any is actually available for this bike with the state of mv, all this googling about the new bike is because I have had time on my hands :-( .
    I think I need to re think this purchase .

20. Not wanting to put you off, but the 1st 230 mls will be restricted then you need the 600ml service won't you?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information