1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 My 1299 - Little Update - 1198s Wheels Refurbed Again

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by JJ1299SX, May 28, 2022.

1. A little update,

I had my 1198s wheels powdercoated with a matt clearcoat a while ago but unfortunately they did not take too well, a few rides in and the wheels flaked ! so I went back to the powdercoaters & they accepted that there was an issue with the clearcoat and offered to put them right.

This time round I opted for a slightly different shade & gloss clearcoat, same colour but different manufacturer so colour was a lighter shade but I'm happy how they have turned out - considering I spent hours trawling the internet to try source the original colour of the 1198s wheels in the goldy colour with no definite answer I actually prefer the lighter colour white gold that I picked out.

Will start with a photo from the dealership when I first picked it up.

Ducati 1299.jpg FORUM.JPG FORUM 2.JPG FORUM 3.JPG FORUM 4.JPG FORUM 5.JPG FORUM 6.JPG FORUM 7.JPG FORUM 8.JPG FORUM 9.JPG FORUM LAST.JPG

• Like Like x 10
  2. Here was the Matt / Satin finish Gold before they flaked off ! DSC_0080.JPG DSC_0078.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  3. Like those

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cheers Bradders

5. Nice :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks El Toro

7. Nice dude.

8. Very nice bike. Love the full system.

9. Thinking of gold myself for the 959, love these.

10. Thanks

11. Cheers Bud

12. Thanks mate, had the full system added while it was in the dealers, I said it was the only thing stopping me buy the bike so he offered to put one on at cost

13. Thanks, I just think gold wheels compliment red Ducati's so well. It was a must for me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Agree. Now my garage is sorted I’ll be getting my S wheels out for powder coating. Also liking the idea of doing my car wheels, as car is blue, but being it’s iridescent (or whatever they call looks different colour in different lights) not sure if the alloy standard look is better bet.

Bit I should have been a pikey: I love a bit of gold!

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. I've had my gold 1198 (?) wheels for some time, but had to wait for funds to get disc spacers from WRS, in Italy, then more road biased tyres for my sort of use before fitting. Very pleased with the look of the rear. Front pics to follow. (Don't hold your breath!!) IMG_20220605_200642.jpg

IMG_20220605_200840.jpg

IMG_20220605_200549.jpg

IMG_20220605_200949.jpg

#16 V4Missile, Jun 5, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2022
  16. Very nice, those wheels really suit the 1299

17. I've always thought those wheels were gorgeous for stock wheels, especially in that finish. They have to be some of the nicest stock wheels around, period.
    Add them to your 1299 and the overall result is stunning! Absolutely gorgeous bike mate. Thanks for posting the pics

18. Thanks.

I have to agree

Do Not Sell My Personal Information