1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 My 1899

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Biot, Jul 4, 2019.

• Like Like x 4
  1. Where did you shove the extra 1,000 cc's? :D

• Like Like x 1
  2. [​IMG]

My 1899

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. More like £1000’s

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. How difficult was the conversion?

5. Not too bad. You need the 1199 rear ABS lead and brake hose. Although if you use the o/e brake hose a bit of banjo bending is required! You could always make one up which might be easier.
    The rear shock linkage needs to be from an 1199 ideally. You can get away without changing it but best to put an 1199 triangle plate on. (the part that joins the rear shock to the threaded 'dog bone' part). I have got the original rear shock.
    Gearing I've kept standard, as is the chain pitch (899 gearing). You will need a 108 link chain too.
    The rear wheel is wider than o/e so wears a 190/55 tyre. The traction control is fine with that for road riding. Some say on the track with the TC backed off it may through up a few issues but can't comment on that yet!
    As far as handling is concerned it's fine. Did the conversion last winter, just after getting the bike, so have no real benchmark of how it was before.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information