1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My 1998 Gse-jhp-bayliss Tribute......phew

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Tobytyke, Apr 2, 2017.

1. It's took a while but she's 99.9% complete, yep another hybrid- 748 with a 1098 motor, not much in the way of standard bits on her, mainly custom machined & fabricated with a sprinkling of exotica. I won't bore you with the nitty gritty of it but I know you like pics so I'll bung a few up :)

IMG_5927.JPG

IMG_0322.PNG

IMG_5930.JPG

IMG_5929.JPG

IMG_5925.JPG

IMG_5941.JPG

IMG_5932.JPG

IMG_5931.JPG

IMG_5936.JPG

• Like Like x 26
  2. Stunning. Well done @Tobytyke :upyeah:

I do of course refer to the wheelie bin in picture 5. :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Is the exhaust system a standard 1098 full system? The reason I ask is because of the angle of the silencers, or did you do something else?

4. It's not a stock system it's been modded but yeah they're a bit flat angle wise but they'll do till I save enough pennies to get Mr Smith to make me a custom system :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Custom dash greeting :)

• Like Like x 5
  6. Well done, mate. Of course, it's the clutch cover which really sets it off! :)

7. Bloody good effort!
    I was only wondering the other day how you were getting on with this.
    Running ok now?

8. I prefer the two bins lurking in the background of in picture 2 :D One sporting lovely colourful numbers ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Well spotter sir ! I missed those. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Proper Ducati racing yellow too :Wideyed:

Cracking Mr T :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Nice one Clive :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Mmmmmmm.Nice.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Tip top.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dangly Dog's Bollocks - lovely !

• Like Like x 1
  15. nice fairings mate :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. That is absolutely 'bob on' :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Would've been a shame to paint em red :)

Yeah seems to be happiest on your map thanks, had to wind out the airscrews about 6 turns raising the idle to 1500 to get rid of any lumpiness, not convinced the servo jobby is doing ought see a few people don't have it connected. Just need to get her on track now to see how she performs, if nought else she sounds like a racebike the bark from the airbox is ridiculous :D

If anybody's going to the Classic show at Stafford in a couple of weeks or so where a certain Mr T Bayliss is the guest of honour, she'll be on the DOCGB stand :upyeah:

TB.JPG

• Like Like x 13
  18. Quality :thumbsup::handfist: .....BTW Mr Smith did the exhaust on my project, can't rate him enough, spot on workmanship

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. @Tobytyke il be there clive with my toesland bike. were meet up for a beer.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Bet thats got a slipper clutch ;), you're on mate :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information