1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My 2014 Hyper Sp

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by willyduke, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Bought from Moto Rapido a couple months ago now. Managed to get out on it once and covered 34 miles before I decided I wasn't enjoying it.. the clutch is awful (not slipping), just absolute guff! Reading into it this is a common issue and the 939 clutch upgrade will be going on this winter.

The gearing feels a bit wimpy, anyone toyed with the gearing? I thought this was meant to be a hooligan bike. Can't see much on here about people trying out different setups.. also no one does a 520 setup??

Hopefully when the two tweaks sorted, I'll be a happy camper :cool:

Looks decent though :upyeah:

IMG_4234 2.jpg

IMG_4237 2.jpg

IMG_4241 2.jpg

IMG_4243.JPG

#1 willyduke, Dec 12, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Looks smart though

3. Having studied the photos above I think I know what the problem is; there’s a part missing from the bike. It’s usually on top of the seat, in the middle of the bike.

It’s the optional rider, you have to install it and select ‘Hooligan’ mode:D.

Just kidding mate;) The bike looks great, I love the look of those:upyeah:.

Let’s get @hyperdildo in this conversation as he seemed to have no problems in getting it up (the wheel) in the short time he had one.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. You have to learn the art of correct revs release the clutch quickly and Pull back on the bars then you are guaranteed a glorious mono

• Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Hypers rock and they are hooligan machines. They are different and take a bit of getting used to.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. It must be the clutch causing the issues.. Just thought this bike would be easy to show off on. :confounded:

Will get it sorted over the next few weeks with the uprated / superseded clutch assembly.

KTM on the other hand :p

IMG_2696.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nice bike man
    What were you riding before the Hyper

8. Thanks bud, had this before;

IMG_1074.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  9. Nice.....Very different animal... Worlds apart
    The Tard will take some getting used to
    I went from Pani to Hyper, took me a while to come to terms but for road riding I wouldn't go back..going from 195bhp to 110bhp you are gonna notice a difference
    As @hyperdildo says, it doesn't take much to point the front wheel at the sky, real good fun

10. I went from 1199 to hyper and loved it

• Like Like x 1
  11. So, as per the 821 clutch mod thread, I fitted a whole new genuine kit with new washers; IMG_4293.JPG

Clutch pack assembled ready to fit into basket;
    IMG_4315.JPG

Fitting and torquing up;
    IMG_4322.JPG

Today I've fitted these - Gold DID chain and JT 14T front sprocket. For the record, 108 links;

IMG_4429.JPG

If you need the JT part number, I've taken a picture here;

IMG_4428.JPG

What a stupid idea Ducati - the foot peg bracket gets in the way of removing the sprocket so you need to loosen (no need to remove totally) the three bolts holding it in place allowing you to move it out the way enough to remove/refit sprocket;
    IMG_4426.JPG

Cleaned up all the mank around the sprocket area;

IMG_4427.JPG

I also decided to go track look and keep the chain cover off, the only drag to this is you need to re-locate the wiring for the side stand kill switch. It's not perfect but works :)

IMG_4435.JPG
    IMG_4433.JPG
    IMG_4434.JPG

All fitted up and chain on and tensioned up. Happy with the results;

IMG_4437.JPG
    IMG_4438.JPG
    IMG_4441.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  12. Playing around with the gearing some more, ended up ordering a Renthal quick change carrier, 39T and 42T rear sprocket.

Tried the 39T but it's a little too long, fitted the 42T and bang on for me, so final set up is 14T front and 42T rear.

The carrier is brilliant, easy peasy to swap the sprockets over without removing the whole carrier unit.
    IMG_4468 2.JPG

Only drag was had to remove 2x links from the chain as the sprockets are that much smaller than stock. Easy enough to resolve mind

IMG_4469 2.JPG

Happy camper :)

IMG_4495.JPG

Ordered a gear change indicator now so will post up when that's fitted

• Like Like x 3
  13. Nice.
    Where did you get the sprocket and carrier from
    Want to do the same to my 939
    Cheers
    Andy

14. AR Racing, part number is D181

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Likely to be selling this now. Only bought to take to IOM this year and that's obviously down the pan :sob:

16. Shame, be a great buy for someone though
    Can't ride mine, its in lockdown at Ducati :sob:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information