1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 My 748 Soon To Be 853

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by duke63, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Bike currently at JHP having the 853cc engine fitted that i bought from Cookster.

Thankfully the swingarm pivot bolt came out without any issue.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

#1 duke63, Nov 6, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
    • Like Like x 8
  2. nice one!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nice to see you've eventually joined the club, you won't regret it.
    Steve

• Like Like x 1
  4. Had the bike for 7 years this year. Longest i have kept any bike by some length.

Toyed with selling off and on but this gives me the chance to make something really special (to me) and track it occasionally too.

5. What sort of power are you expecting from that engine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Cookster had a dyno at CJS showing 119bhp.

7. Cracking engine that !! if you put 748r heads on it you can get close to 130 bhp.

8. I had an 748R tuned by Biggelaar in the NL that put out 125 Rwhp... so an 853 should get a lot more than 119.... specially with R heads.....

9. I expect JHP's dyno to indicate a healthy figure ;). My 748RS based EVR 853 was dyno'ed at 133 rwhp and just under 70 lbf ft. Anything around the 125 rwhp mark will be great fun. From my perspective it's nice to have the extra perfomance but the real bonus with the 853 conversion is just how freely it revs and how quickly you accelerate out of the bends which is as addictive as any drug. Andy

10. I noticed with mine, the extra torque low down and the power doesn't appear to drop off at the top end.
    Steve

11. Guys don't forget that the engine duke is on about started as a standard bp motor not and R. Standard bhp on a bp engine is about 95. I doubt you'd get much more with standard heads and valves.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Good point, well made. Enthusiasm got the better of me :Bag:. Andy

13. Purely for future reference :wink: why do 748R heads make such a difference?

14. There ported different, have bigger valves and use different cams make more power but are very peaky.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. What cookster said. Bigger valves so better breathing and depending on the 853 kit used, there are high compression pistons available. Not too sure I'd agree with peaky though as mine is very smooth. Torque curve is quite flat from about 7000rpm and power is almost straight line up to 12000rpm. Andy

#15 Android853sp, Nov 6, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  16. We've never heard how this engine change went, are you happy with the results?
    Steve

17. A few problems with it at the moment as coolant is leaking into the engine somehow when it gets very warm. That aside its a cracking engine and the few sessions i had at Silverstone it worked very well.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information