1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 My 749

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by dukesox, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Hi All, after several years away from sports bikes since selling my Superlight and riding mainly Monsters I got a yearning for another sports bike before I get too old . I have bought this beautiful yellow 749. Its from 2005 and has just 14500 miles. It had not been ridden for a few years so I have had full belt service by Iain Rhodes @ RPM in Northampton. Top bloke if any of you are looking for an indy.
    I only managed one ride over the weekend between showers but apart from a slightly achy neck it was as comfy as I expected and while not as happy as the Monsters at going slowly, when the coast is clear it all gels beautifully. Just the right amount of power for me too, enough to be interesting and fun without scaring the crap out of me and the handling is amazing. Keeping the Monsters for now , S4R1000 and S2R1000 ,although I may sell one in a while depending on how much each gets used.

I`ll add a bin shot another time for all the bin fetishists, I`m thinking the standard black bin against the yellow paint rather than any two tone bins. Works for wasps and bees.

20180407_141147.jpg

20180407_141156.jpg

• Like Like x 17
  2. super clean, good luck with your ride:blush::upyeah:

#2 XH558, Apr 9, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  3. Don’t see many facelift in yellow.
    Very nice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. He's just bought it :p

5. Nice bike, not as nice as red thoughif your local to Northampton area you'll have to join our small group when the weather improves, there's couple of Italian bike days coming up in June/ July, Cassington and Sharnbrook, also East Kirby in Lincs, hopefully we'll have had all the bad weather for this year when ey come round

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. I've never seen one, and didn't know they made any. It has the older models frame and wheel colours, but the nose and swinger of the facelift. Unusual.

7. Yellow is the best colour!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 2

8. Or The Cafe near Billing Aqua Drome. If you can stand the smell.
    Or Jack hills Cafe on the A5 north of Towcester
    Or The super sausage on the A5 south of Towcester.

Oddly enough these even at cafes are promoted by the blokes who own said eateries?

9. They do in fact exist! My friend's yellow 2005 749S.

IMG_5497.JPG
    Congrats on your purchase @dukesox

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. " You`ll have to join our small group "
    Blimey, didnt know it was compulsory ! I just like to ride around a bit, maybe stop for coffee or a bite to eat. Next you`ll be saying I have to get a tattoo and swear allegiance to The Small Northampton Red Motorcycle Group, where will it all end ?

#11 dukesox, Apr 10, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Not compulsory at all mate just an invitation to you, never mind

12. Oh, I want to join now you dont want me !

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Yellow suits the 749/999 so well! I think I prefer it to red

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  14. This can be cured y'know...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information