1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

959 My 959 With The 1299 Exhaust

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Garioch Rider, Oct 9, 2020.

1. These are the first pictures of my 2016 959 Panigale now fitted with a 1299 under slung exhaust. Foe me, it looks and sound so much better. I have also removed the exhaust valve servo.. Anyone looking for an Akrapovic shotgun for a 959, please get in contact with me. I have one in near new condition.

Duc with 1299 Exhaust.jpg

Duc with 1299 Exhaust.jpg

• Like Like x 16
  2. As nature intended :heart_eyes:

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Thread moved

4. Now that does look very very nice!!!:upyeah:

5. Hi I’ve currently got a 959 with a full Akra system but want to do some trackdays next year. Did you fit a full 1299 system or just the cans and y piece also what’s the score with the exhaust valve. Ideally would keep the under belly but if I have to I’ll put the standard exhaust back with a different end can, noise permitting.

6. I just fitted the Y piece and the 1299 cans, the rest of it is the same anyway.. I have the rest of the 1299 system in a box as well as the original 959 cat with servo valve and Akrapovic shotgun silencer and std Ducati silencer as well. Removed servo and fitted ESE de-cat black magic box to turn off engine light. The 1299 silencer has the flapper valve, I left the shaft and removed the disc or valve itself.

7. Thanks it was a good couple of hours work on a rainy day, so time well spent..

8. Cheers for the reply. Can you keep the 1299 valve or do you have to remove it. With it fitted would it be quieter, cheers.

9. The valve is wide open all the time as I have removed the Servo Motor and cables, etc..

10. Looks much better that :upyeah: do you notice a fair bit difference is sound compared to the shotgun akra's? I have purchased new belly panels and just waiting on a decent priced 1299 system to do the changeover.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. Yes, it is beginning to sound more like my old 748R with Termi's.. I got my 1299 silencer for £75 of ebay..

12. That's a good price, I'm kind of budgeting around £100. Did you just buy a new 1299 link pipe from Ducati?

13. Funnily enough I was looking at that at £283.00. I found a full set of 1299 headers, link pipes, etc on eBay for £150.00 a bit of a no brained!

14. She is sweeeeeeet :)

15. Hey, bike looks great.
    Can be possible for you to put the list of stuff you need to make this change, as detailed as possible.
    I have Ducati Panigale 959 with standard exhaust system ( shotgun) and just purchased the ducati Panigale 1299 standard exhaust system, lower fairings for 1299 and exhaust valve servo mould Eliminator. Just wondering, am I missing anything else before starting actual work ?

16. The original poster hasn’t been on this forum for well over a year so you might not get a reply. Andy

17. No, that’s just about it. As long as you have the 1299 Y adaptor then you shouldn’t need anything else.

18. Thanks for reply.
    Now I need to wait for parts to arrived and start working.

19. I have US 959 set left-over if someone needs it. PM me.

20. I did this a couple of years ago and had hoped to retain the valve, unfortunately the wiring is incompatible so went down the removal and eliminator module route, bike sounds great but I doubt it would pass scrutineering.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information