1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Bike Was Stolen Today

Discussion in 'Stolen Bikes/Parts' started by JUN, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Red Panigale 899 Stolen in Birmingham city centre today at 9pm by four thugs.
    Broke steering lock and pushed out of a car park me caught on cctv.
    Reg number OV15 ECX
    From Arcadian Car Park.

2. Really sorry to hear that :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  3. Thats a real shitter! Stick on the ducati forum facebook, then we can link via FB, its a wifer reach

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sorry to hear about this. Scumbags that need to be impaled on spikes until they come through their eyeballs. :mad:

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Pics or a description of any particular markings would help identify it. Mods etc something that might catch someone's eye.

• Like Like x 1
  6. The bike is data tagged called master security scheme.
    I don't know what to do about it now, it's on finance as well.
    I didn't know there was a Facebook Ducati forum actually

Have a feeling they may not be able to start the bike, as I hope the immobiliser is strong.

They broke the steering and pushed it out the car park, I'm not sure how far they got though.
    Wish I could run them over tbf
    Two 600cc bikes pulled by it they had no helmets on and just had hoods and masks riding around as I the security told me, and I actually saw the. Riding around while getting some food, I should of clocked on.

• Like Like x 1
  7. It's pretty much a standard bike, and just a single seat cowl and evotech tail tidy.
    Bike had only 2600miles on it. Recently service at Coventry Ducati

8. That's a shit day. It's such a shame that we live in a world where security is such a concern.

9. Very helpful but don't reply to that on here. They could be watching and then you're just making their job easier.

Not helpful now but consider a tracker (BikeTrac) for your next bike. Well worth the peace of mind.

Sorry to hear your news.

10. Have been contacted by the police ce today after they viewed cctv footages, and followed the twats around Birmingham on camera, but lost them on the cameras, but took them two weeks to view the cctv....

Apparently they bump started it,.... I was shocked, how the hell can a bike that price have such poor immobiliser? So Panigale are easy to steal....

I thought Ducati would have had better immobilisers than that

11. F*#k me that's a shitter!! And a wake up call to all!!

Trackers are handy to locate the bike but u still need a load of big mates to help retrieve as plod won't!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. bump started it?! A big Vtwin?! Even with the ignition on its almost impossible!! Ask to see the tapes, sound like bull to me

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. Is someone trying to see if a Panigale is easy to steal?

14. They are. Two big fellas and a van. But riding one away?!

15. Couldn't bump mine for love nor money, it did have a slightly low battery charge, ironically dragged down by the tracker!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. on another ( car ) forum i once read that the immobilisers can be over rided with a lap top ( maybe even iphone ) and program,,,, actually the car company that now owns Ducati !! scarey ( do Pannis have a diagnostic port ? )

17. am sure they do, but you need the key code to get thru it. Many cars have keyless (suggest its a risk on multis) and they get captured either by grabbing OTA or copying when your valet driver takes the car away (or left at airport car park) then later they come along, plug in, start car. BMW and JLR were the ones most affected IIRC

18. I saw a brand new Superduke on a Dyno, the operator demo'd how to start with no key, he ran it upto to a certain speed without the ignition key and the dash came alive and he was able to start the bike .

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. wheres the 'mouth gaping open drop jaw' smiley !!

20. A few weeks ago a red 899 was seen by myself and gf on separate occasions being ridden by an idiot in a hoody with no gloves.

I saw it in Strelley a shitty part of Nottingham. 60 miles away from you buto possibly linked :(

Do Not Sell My Personal Information