1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Current Project

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by motecben, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Well This is where it all started about 2 years ago. Possibly stolen but a vehicle check of the frame number confirmed that it was clean, gave me a reg number and the ability to get a V5. Only then did money change hands. Everything that could be removed from it quickly had disappeared. wheels, forks, pipes, clutch, fairing,tank etc etc. Oh I forgot to mention it is a 998R. So I started trawling round for all the major missing bits and 2 years later its starting to go back together. So 2 pics of the start point and 1 of the current situation. Still looking for some smaller bits but going in the right direction now.

DSC_0127.JPG

DSC_0131.JPG

IMG_0360[1].JPG

• Like Like x 23
  2. Lovely that...

3. I guess the Ohlins shock went too?

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Yes the Ohlins went and the guy I bought it from put a Showa on to hold everything together.

5. I feel warm looking at your garage plywood lined wall. Lovely job]

6. Did the numbered top yoke remain?

7. Top yoke remained but numbered plate was removed. Ducati have no cross reference between these numbers and the frame number due to a fire which destroyed some of their records.

8. Good luck in your endeavors.

The prices of these makes the job financially viable. If bought for the right price.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Great project! Good luck. :upyeah:

10. If you’re missing the oil cooler, Tom Irvine has one for the 996R/998R. (The fittings are different to the 998S).

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. What a great project.Good luck with the resto.As previously said hopefully your outlay will be rewarded.

12. Nice, I’m following this one!

13. bettes, I have an oil cooler but it has taken a wack and split. I was going to try and tig it up... Will be tricky to clean. So I am interested. How do I contact him?

14. Good luck it’s looking great ... x

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Thanks for your comments guys. This is a great project for self isolation in the workshop. My son works in a brewery so he is home as well. He bought a barrel with him so thats in the garage too!

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. Top project this

17. Equivalent to a HR type taking his laptop home.

18. It’s truly great seeing what was once a beautiful machine being brought back from the brink to once again grace the top step of the motorcycle world.. it could have so easily never have seen the light of day again..
    So thank you on behalf of everyone who adores everything that is, Ducati.... x

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information