1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT My Desmo Service At 35.500 Km (22.058 Mi) - 2000 Euro

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Riko, Nov 17, 2018.

?
  1. Too much, get another dealer

2. As to be expected for a Desmo + special requirements

3. I dunno (dont have a DVT, havent had a desmo still, etc...)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Mind you, numbers are in € euro.
    Just over 2.000 euro.

This includes:
    - of course the Desmo service (special mention for TPS calibration & injector housing synchronizing)
    - new oils all around (engine, brakes, clutch) except for the forks: €59,18
    - oilfilter, air fiter spark plugs: €151,62
    - new front tire: €198,44 (incl labor)
    - new chain set (DID chain + fr sprocket + 42 teeth r. sprocket): €373,12
    - general check up (electronics, brakes, cables, DDS)

All this cost €812,92 worth of labor at a rate of €58 per hour.

So when looking purely at the Desmo service + plugs, oils and filters alone, thats around 568,98 euro without labor.

And I specifically asked not to changes my brake pads, since they were still good all around (bought LA pads from Carpimoto)
    https://www.carpimoto.it/en-BE/Bike...37LA-Sintered-Street-1-couple-for-1-disk-.htm

Here the details: (in Dutch)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So there you go, thats one expensive Desmo service + extra.
    I knew a Desmo (my first) service would be expensive, and two dealers said the Desmo would end up around 1.200 euro, so I did expect it to be more because of the chain set, but 2000 euro was a bit of a surprise.

But there you have it.

Must admit, the bike never felt better!
    Braking was better front and especially rear, big difference!
    And front felt more direct, didnt have to pump as hard as before, (not that it was bad before)
    Engine felt also more direct, best noticed at rolling speeds and high way speeds, and god did I let this beast out!
    Dunno if its due to the 2 extra teeth or the acutal desmo service or the combo, but the engine felt new.

Comments are welcome :)

#1 Riko, Nov 17, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  2. There’s A couple big items that isn’t servcie tho. C&s 373, tyre 200 and you don’t mention is c&s incl labour (which could be an hour) so 600 plus for that.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Expensive CnS and front tyre IMO

• Like Like x 1
  4. yeah indeed, like I said, it basically was a Desmo service with extra's.

Never done it, only seen some youtube videos and was about to watch over a mechanic doing it, but I never went through with it.
    But I can imagine that a full chain installation can be somewhat time consuming, certainly one full hour of work, especially since both sprockets had to be changed as well.

Lets say its one hour of work to do the chain and sprockets.
    Thats 58 euro labor + 373 for the full chainset.
    Than there is the 200 euro for the tire incl. labor.
    Those two things alone, wich are not Desmo service, are 631 euro.

Yeah, that makes the Desmo service a lot cheaper, never seen it that way, thx! :)
    I imagine many owners already had their tires and chainset changed by the time the Desmo service is due?

5. Consumerables like that are done as they are due, and if it coincides with a service I would doubt I’d use main dealer.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. gonna do some research on the CnS

I know the front sprocket is stock: €38,12
    What I found on online parts shops is €31.

The chain is from D.I.D: 530 ZVM
    Found many offers online for around 138 euro, so yeah, 207 is pushing it I guess.

I have no infor about the 42T rear sprocket at 127 euro.
    The article number doesnt give me a product when searching online.
    But 42T sprockets search gives me prices around 80-100 euro, so could yeah, most likely also here not the cheapest solution I guess.

A new chain set, definitely worth trying myself next time.
    Or buying the stuff myself and letting a mechanic/friend install it while I'm looking.

7. For comparison, my 18k Desmo DVT service, done this year, cost £302 + VAT for parts (no shims needed) and £435 labour + VAT = £885
    No tyre or chain fitted at the service.
    Previously I'd had a new front tyre (Metzler Roadtech 01) fitted for £127.50 inclusive. Also, at about 16k I bought a top spec DID ZXVM chain and sprockets for £120 mail order (special deal) and fitting cost £85.
    So compared to your bill mine totaled £1217.50. In Euros that's E 1368.
    I think your mistake was, as Bradders suggested, having the tyre, chain and sprockets supplied and fitted by the dealer. Even then, according to your calculations the Desmo service without the extras was E 1400 = £1246. Rather expensive I'd say..

• Like Like x 1
  8. thx for your feedback.

I already said before this service that I was going to change from dealer for my next Desmo to compare.

This dealer was the dealer from wich the bike used to be a Demo bike and the previous owner also knew the dealer etc, so I went to him first.
    But like I said, I'll change to a dealer who is practically in my home town.

Cool fact is that that dealer won some kind of award for best Ducati dealer of the BeNeLux. (Belgium - Netherlands - Luxemburg)

Also that dealer said a Desmo service should cost about the same amount in all Ducati dealers (in Belgium) wich is around €1200 euro £1070.

When looking at the price for a Desmo in the UK, either you have a very good dealer or the general Desmo prices (if there is such a thing) used by Ducati UK are cheaper than here in Belgium.

Either way, when I compare to the UK prices or to the prices that last dealer told me, my current dealer seems a bit on the high side indeed.

Ow well, lesson learned.

Still love this bike, now even more after the service! :)

9. Benelux sounds like a cough medicine :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Think I would be coughing after that bill, intact more like chocking :(

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. how much are UK labor costs?
    On facebook a German dude said hwo cheap it was in Belgium :)
    In Germany they charge 110 euro...

Another dude from Italy said how expensive labor was, so I assume they are one of the cheapest.

In the UK?

12. Should of stuck with just desmo & got tyre & chain stuff done elsewhere. They are £75 quid an hour for me at a ducati-dealership & about half that at a normal motorcycle shop locally. So I only have services currently done & anything else I don't see the point in giving them extra money.

• Like Like x 1
  13. W.M. Snells, well respected Ducati dealer, charge £78.80 inclusive of VAT (Euro 88.50). Other non franchised bike shops will be less. I've used CMW in Chichester who resigned their Ducati dealership status three or four years ago and they were about £70 inclusive. I expect independent Ducati workshops to be less than that, but there are no suitable ones near me.

• Like Like x 1
  14. SHIIIIIT

I've got an oil leak!:mad:

2034 euro and this is what I get, fuck that!

Pictures will follow, I'm just waiting for the drop to reach the paper towel. :D

Saw a drop this afternoon and a shiny rubber floor mat....wich made meconclude I'm fucked!

So I cleaned up the engine, made high res pictures, rode it for about half an hour and waited for verification, and indeed, oil began to form, luckely at only one spot as far as I can see.

Its at the tip of the right plastic cover in front of the engine, the horizontal cilinder....pictures will follow.

As soon as I got that second picture, I'll send them over at the dealers, I wonder what he has to say,

Also I actually asked him to fill up my coolant because it was at minimum, level, so when I saw nothing of this in the invoice I asked if they renewed or fulled up my coolant, the guy at the shop said: fill up.

But when looking with a flashlight, I saw the level was same as before, low :rolleyes:

After the issues i had from the start (remember my topics of wrong gps wiring and brake pads that were bad) I've just had it with these guys. :mad:

To be continued
    pfff

15. Riders Cardiff were £73.90 + Vat - £88.65 per hour.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Haven’t they just closed?

17. Yes - that's why I said WERE... past tense

18. And yet what does a mechanic, get, £20?

19. Probably more like £15 + OT

20. the pictures

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Do Not Sell My Personal Information