1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My First Ducati

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Kylezx7r, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Hi all just joined up as I’ve bought my first Ducati
    It’s a 2011 1198 , I’ve wanted a Ducati since I was 10 years old when my old man bought a 916. Been looking at 1098’s but I just couldn’t say not to this bike when I saw the advert for it
    Maybe the seller is a memeber here I’m not sure?

A little about me
    I’m based up in County Durham and run a small bike workshop called KRG Motorcycles and I’m one of the biggest ktech suspension dealers in the north east. Been going 4 year now and still going strong.

I’ve been riding bikes since I was 6 years old and had a whole host of bikes over the years (Mainly Jap) and now I race a BMW S1000rr in the north east club championship and some No limits rounds and Scottish superbikes.

I’m relatively new to Ducati though apart from a few belt changes and valve checks I’ve not done much with them so I’m hopeful I can tap into the wealth of knowledge that’s here,

I’ll get some better pics tomorrow and I’ve added one of my race bike on there for good measure

Kyle

5924EC75-8665-4117-BAB3-D690B50816C7.jpeg

A259160E-DCB1-4B98-8AAB-BB6BC8DE60CD.jpeg

D08BF80D-6F8C-443A-9D00-1D1C5E9E3433.jpeg

968E27FE-C287-4547-B674-180FA1A9287A.jpeg

30932C89-ECCD-4E20-92A2-AC619963A7CE.jpeg

2DDB596D-C7BA-4733-A040-308AD11FA674.jpeg

• Like Like x 15
  2. Welcome Kyle - good choice of Ducati :):upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Welcome buddy !

4. Welcome dude

5. When you have time can I have a bin pic please :) we like them and it keeps me happy

Welcome into our mad house

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. welcome kyle'

7. Hi and welcome

8. Welcome to the forum

9. Nice way to start....an 1198:astonished:

:cool:

10. Hello , both lovely bikes

11. you want a pic of my actual bin?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Welcome to the Ducati forum great looking bike but as the lady says we need pictures of your bins

13. Yes please :) you can jazz it up, paint it put flowers on it anything just use your imagination

14. Had my first proper ride out on it today and wow, I’m well impressed. I’m so so pleased I bought it.
    The power comes in at around 5k revs and it takes off, feels like a really big 2 stroke

couple of slight issues, the front brake is very snatchy so I’ll be putting some decent pads in shortly and also the clutch has abit of a snatch to it aswell , apart from that it’s just a fantastic bike.
    I need to sort out the suspension and it had me out the seat a couple of times but I’m planning on fitting the Ktech SSRK valve kit with springs to the front forks anyway then I can start setting up valves that I know

I also need an exhaust valve eliminator as it’s throwing up them EML so if anyone can point me to somewhere who sell then I’ll appreciate it

15. Welcome along Kyle,I have heard good reports about KRG

16. Helloooo. Welcome to Tourqesville Tennesse

17. Thank you good to know there is positive feedback Knocking about

18. Hps bikes sell heal tech servo eliminators bud, plug and play and there about £40.

Oh and change the foot pegs there slippy as fook.

19. I’ve not noticed it myself but I took my son out in the back today and that was his first comment that his foot kept slipping off the peg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information