1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

959 My New 959..

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Simon Gray, May 21, 2017.

1. Picked up my 959 on Saturday and managed to get her home..before it rained!!

Today I've been out all day, I simply love it!! The Akras are so loud !!

I've come from a Gsxr 600, but it's light years apart, I'm so impressed with it, the auto shift is amazing, the low down torque and not to mention the grip and way it corners , she simply wants to lean over.

The only issue is the speed, I'm used to hanging on the throttle and seeing triple digits come up after 12k revs, I pulled out of my village turned onto the main road and thought take it easy so low revs through the box, I'm thinking yep that's up to 70, just over a ton.. without even trying!

Also I've noticed how stable and well balanced it is especially at slow speed or pulling up to the lights ..

All packed away and ready to take me to work tomorrow !!

Tail tidy and pegs to sort!!

IMG_3005.JPG

• Like Like x 12
  2. Has it got a name though?

3. Couldn't you get the dealer to take the pegs off when they PDI'd it?

4. Ha ha we were chatting about names.. I havent decided yet!

As for the pegs in truth I forgot to ask them... I looked at them but seems they hold the exhaust shield so assume I may need a bracket?

5. No bracket needed :)

6. I'm not sure I'd be happy with 4kg of cans held on with just an exhaust clamp.

7. He is talking about the exhaust shield, not the exhaust :)

8. Doh! :laughing:

9. I had a look at the bolts, 2 are fine but the front two mount up through the heat sheild, removing these means the heatsheild comes loose. My friends 1199R has a bracket in place of the pegs with bolts running up?

10. Those two bolts just go back in and hold the shield (from memory).

#10 Jolley, May 22, 2017
    Last edited: May 22, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Just get the dealers to take them off at first service.

12. Yeah good plan, Ive done 180 miles already so wont be long, the pegs are easy to remove but I dont know how the heat shield is then secured!

13. With the two bolts you took out.... put them back in!

14. IMG_6571.jpg
    Those two grey bits on the green heat shield are metal spacers that the bolts go through into the subframe. The pegs actually fit in the space of the spacers, the the bolts (and shield) just bolt up the same after the pegs are out.

15. Just refit the old bolts it's simple.

Put a washer between the spacer and sub frame as the bolts will be slightly too long and bottom out before they're on the shield though

16. You don't need to.... the bolts tighten to the spacers on the shield, not onto the pegs.

17. No they do tighten the foot peg bracket.

The bolts go through the spacers which sit inside the bracket.

The peg bracket is a few mm thick and this needs compensating for otherwise the shield hits the undertray slightly.

If you remove the pegs the heat shield is raised up a few mm

You need to put a washer in otherwise the bolt shoulder is slightly too long and the plastic heat shield hits the underside of the tail unit

A 1mm washer keeps the heat shield from touching/rubbing

IMG_0049.JPG
    Daylight - without a washer it hits the tail unit.

IMG_0047.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ah I see so the rear pegs have a peg bracket that stays in... Ok I'll sort this tonight and pop a washer in as well.. Thanks all!

20. Thanks mate, Tail tidy and plate ordered today!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information