1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996 My New 996 Sps

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Blink., Dec 24, 2016.

1. Ok Chaps,
    I pulled the triger today,I now own a imaculate 996SPS with 7k on the clock.
    it has been sworn since 2004 but it has been kept indoors. So it is due a big service,I fancy doing this my self with all uprated rockers and new belts I used to be a (Rolls Royce helicopter Engineer) . As a investment bike should I pay and have Ducati do it? your thoughts Chaps?
    Many thanks. Martin.

2. Congrats Martin. I'll have to add one of these to the garage one day.

Ahem, pics? :)

#2 Robarano, Dec 24, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2016
  3. Hello & welcome
    Throw some photos up:grinning:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Congrats Martin!
    But we need to see photos or it never happened!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Hello, welcome. I'm local from Berko. If I were you I'd take her to Baines at Silverstone. He knows his stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nice Christmas for you :upyeah:

7. Give him a chance to get the wrapping paper off :D

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Service it and cane it. It what it was made for.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Nice. Let a Ducati mechanic (Baines good rep) do it.

10. Nice one Martin there cracking bikes.

11. Happy Christmas Gentleman,
    My Wife is a top wife and very understanding (she has fast cars) , letting me Spend Christmas Eve buying a bike, I only had time to pop it on the Lift and pull the Fairings. So sorry only one picture, Very happy with the bike I look forward to having a ride on it (it has eight year old cam belts) so did not chance it. Very happy with the condition the only thing I missed when buying it was it had different foot pegs ! But when I looked throu the big Ducati box that came with it with the unused Exhausts also in there was the unused foot pegs! Boxing day is also a none garage day as we have nine over for lunch but the next day is all mine!!
    It does have the Fogged up light problem,What is the best way to sort that? [​IMG]
    I will up date ASAP with pictures. Thanks. Martin

IMG_3431.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  12. Hi blink. Bike's looking well.
    Just pull the headlight out, (20 min job). Then use a long thin stick with a bit of raf wrapped round the end. I used a mild solvent cleaner on the rag and just wiped inside the unit until all the milkyness had disappeared. Did this over a year ago and still hasen't come back.

13. Nice find and keep the photos coming, is that an Aston in there.

14. It is Funny enough A Porsche 996 turbo S , so that is now two 996"s .

15. Superb bike! I did the same a couple of months ago and can't stop staring at it, beautiful bikes. Where did you buy it from?

16. Nice, regards servicing, get someone who knows to give it a good check

How would you feel going in a helicopter and the pilot mentions that it was just given a major strip and rebuild by a geezer who was really a motorbike mechanic but had bags of enthusiasm?
    Enjoy:grinning:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. it was on Ebay a Private sale a very nice chap who had it from 600 miles with a buy it now price, but it never sold. I left it couple of weeks, So after a lot of texting back and forward I went and looked at it. But sadley He still wanted Dealer money. So after a some more texting the deal was done. It is nice to get one that has not been messed with. I am keen on getting in the garage tomorrow.
    Is your bike a SPS? was it a dealer? How many miles.

18. congrats and welcome dude.
    what a Christmas present! Look forward to more pics!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Yes I agree, A nice dealer stamp works wonders when it come's time for resale, and normally I would just do that.
    The thing is with the "Chrome tappets" at £125 a time I would like to pull it down and have a full set of Newman tappets done (£200). Then in my ownership I can forget that part. I will drain the oil tomorrow and see what that says!

20. No reason why you can't do that and have Baines fit them. Or fit them then service.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information