1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT My New Seat

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by BigAlan, Sep 19, 2017.

1. IMG_0377.JPG IMG_0378.JPG so I purchased a new seat from eBay (brand new) for £80 and send it away to A R Pounds for a rework, came back yesterday and it is a big improvement, being 6' 3" I wanted it to be slightly higher and flatter, he has it spot on. Pictures are not the best but I have just got back from a holiday late last night and off on the bike to Spain in the morning.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. You don't run a tight schedule. :)

3. Calculated to the last minute, well apart from Evotech not having the parts I wanted as they will come at the earliest tomorrow when I am on the ferry.

Oh well.

4. Nice. I'm liking that seat! I'm also 6'3" and tbh don't really have a problem with the standard seat. But having recently come back from a trip to the Alps/Dolomites where I had the suspension set on 'Rider with pillion and luggage' I have noticed the drop in ride height since returning to 'Rider only' settings. This gets the brain ticking over...! Can you give a rough indication of price for alteration?

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  5. It cost me £45 plus £5 postage back, excellent quality upgrade, looks and feels very nice, extra cumfy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Presume the top picture is the new seat?

7. Yes top pic is the new seat.

Update

Just returned from six days away, most miles in a day was 379 and the seat was awesome, never did I get a numb bum, if I could say anymore I would do........BUT

Brittany ferries strapped it down with me not being there and when I went to get on it this afternoon they have buckled the seat, they must have had some muscle man on the straps and it’s way out of shape, I have not yet attempted to remove it from the bike but I did take pics of it on the ferry.

I have informed customer services of my disgust with there staff doing this and sent the pics. There was one other guy whose seat was broken as well but trying to talk to French staff was impossible.

Needless to say I am not impressed.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information