1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Nitron Z900rs

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by TZ750D, Aug 20, 2019.

1. The winters are very long in Minnesota so you need a project. Late last year I picked up a leftover black Z900RS with the idea to do a few mods. As usual, one thing lead to another and now the bike stands me a lot more than I paid for it. I fitted a Nitron shock and decided to match the Nitron blue on the bodywork, since I saw it on a Japanese custom Z1 a few years ago.

Surrey Customs are the best when it comes to Z900RS paint (they do a lot of specials for Kawa UK and their dealers), so I sent the bodywork back to the UK. Gary Collins at Surrey got the paint code off Nitron and did his usual awesome job. Anyway its done now. Last job was to fit a Brembo Supersport rear, but decided to put the money towards a Duc ;)

20190504-DSC_0036 copy.jpg

20190602-DSC_0017 copy.jpg

• Like Like x 15
  2. That looks bloody good fun!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. z1000 gen4 owner here (ironically with a Nitron R3) on the rear. On it today....out of the 4 bikes i own its the most used by a long way....

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Ha! I thought I recognised your name - z900rs forum. My name on that site is my real name, Richard. I love your z, best one out there. Detail is awesome.
    Oh, BTW, this forum is a million times better than the z one. Just sayin'
    Richard

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. You on the z1000.com forum or the UK one?

6. Thanks Richard - I agree - I stopped going on that Forum. Too many Aussies wanting an argument (sorry). I just discovered this forum and it is awesome - very friendly. Makes a big difference if the bike you want to get is supported by a great forum (or find a good forum and by a bike to go with it...)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. We have the occasion problem with Australians too... But most are ok I think..
    ( Please don't ask me to name an ok one)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I really really really like the look of these. It takes me back to my youth when the original Z came out back in the 70s. Great looking bike:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. All the best Z's are on here :bucktooth:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Well, the admin, made me an admin on this one...

http://z1000uk.proboards.com/

Ive been on there since i got my bike. It was the first one i googled for and joined...even the admin said at the time "its pretty dead here..." i did say to him at the time that the forum is what you make of it....the more thats posted up (people always like pics) the more people join. 5 years later its still not the busiest but then its only really zeds so its not going to have as much traffic as here but having said that theyre a good bunch, theres never any arguments and quite a relaxed place on the whole.

11. TZ750D, just loving your colour scheme, I'd love to do something similar. I'm thinking BST carbon wheels would also look trick on yours !
    Takes me back to my teenage years & my Z900, (which I still have, :upyeah: much to my wife's disgust !)

DSCN3300.JPG

• Like Like x 7
  12. Wow that takes me back! I bought one in March 1976 with a big bank loan aged 19 and went proddy racing! I am moving back to UK in 4 years to retire. if you ever decide to sell give me a call first!

longridge z900 2.jpg

13. You’ve never been around in winter have you? :)

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. That’s a really nice looking bike. Good job done.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Queue forming.
    I had to look after one for a mate with Dresda kit for a very short time back in the early 80s. Piper exhaust that sounded like Concord taking off. Lovely.

• Like Like x 1
  16. But would it really make that much difference after all these years? These are few and far between and whilst that one needs some tidying if one wanted it to be concourse level it's VGFM in my book. (I'd rather it were green though)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Probably not tbh (make much difference). It would be the emotional angle for me having to have the UK bike, rather than any LC olive bolt syndrome.
    For now, I would rather be riding than fettling, hence the modern take on the old classic.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information