1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Rather Special Multistrada 1200 / Mts1200s Sport For Sale

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by AndyW, Aug 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sad to say my Multi has to go - to be frank I cannot really afford to run the Multi nor afford to have so much cash tied up in a bike right now. I'm considering a 2nd hand KTM 990SMT.....much simpler bike (I can do nearly all service work myself), much cheaper to buy but still a pretty good fun bike. So details of my MTS1200 now up for sale:

June 2010 MTS1200S Sport – superb condition, this bike has been pampered (to say the least!).

Highlights:
    'Sport' model with standard carbon DP parts + extra carbon parts + Ohlins SCU (Semi Active Suspension) + full Termignoni exhaust + DP panniers (with bags) + DP heated grips + DP Comfort Seats.......plus MANY extras and lots of tasteful/practical modifications.

# All original documents plus a large file box of other paperwork
    Electronic 'Transponder' Key, 'Red' Key plus additional conventional key

# 18003 miles – no winter (salty roads) use (stored in a 'Bike Bubble' over winter......told you, pampered!). Twice yearly (approx) oil and filter changes (regardless of mileage!)
    Always Shell Advance Ultra 4T 15/50W as recommended with DP filter.
    There is not any rust/corrosion ANYWHERE on this bike! (ACF50, FS365, Sdoc100, WD40 rule ;-)
    Michelin Pilot Road 3/ PR3s (Oct 2013) – estimate at least 3000 miles left in them.

# MOT exp 11/06/2015
    # Tax exp 31/05/2015

I don't like to use the word immaculate, after-all this is a used motorcycle and so has a few small stone chips and some minor 'wear and tear' marks but it is VERY likely in better condition than any other similar age/mileage MTS1200 and certainly has had more time, effort and money spent on maintaining it than the best of the rest!

Oil change just done (fitting of new left engine cover) [and I changed the filter also!]
    Coolant flush and change just done (fitting of new water pump cover and radiator)

–-----------------------------------------------------------------

Recent new replacement parts:
    Radiator – Aug 2014 (original developed a small weep due to use of SW Motech light brackets..oops!)
    Front forks (Nov 2013 14660 miles - gold anodising to the top of the fork legs scratched in Dealer workshop!)
    Rear shock and electronic control unit (16/07/13 13478 miles - Ohlins ECU also replaced at same time)
    Engine cases both sides (Right - , Left + water pump cover (Aug2014)
    Dash (Aug 2014)
    Fuel level sensor (Aug 2014)
    Heated Grips (wear to the grips)

I have a printout from the Ducati computer system for my bike (don't ask how I got this!;-) showing the bike's full recall/warranty replacements history.

Mods / Accessories / Extras
    Sorry, the following list is in no particular order, rather random in fact!....I think I've covered everything though!! :-O

Additional carbon:
    Centre tank panel
    Screen mounting panel
    Front mudguard cover
    Front fairing side panels
    Large hugger (original small DP carbon hugger included)

Chain & Sprockets (new May 2013 12389 miles)
    DID 530 ZVM-X 108 Link Gold Chain
    Supersprox black 530/42T rear (OE is 530/40T)
    AFAM 530/15T front sprocket (OE is 530/15T)
    CNC Racing Black Annodised Billet Sprocket Flange

Ohlins SCU – Semi Active Suspension

Flamingo Corse Pillion Seat Cover / Cowl

TPO Parts red anodised alloy oil filter screen cover & oil drain plug (with extra strong rare earth magnet;-)

DP Workshop Manual (HTML version plus earlier PDF version) on DVD

Pazzo Racing Brake & Clutch Adjustable Levers

Philips Blue Vision H7 headlight bulbs

CNC Racing Black Anodised Screen Bolts

CNC Racing and other Frame Caps/Plugs

R&G Aero Frame Sliders/Crash Bungs

Stainless steel front caliper mounting bolts

MWR Air Filter

Titanium front rotor/disc bolts

LED number plate light bulb

EBC HH brake pads front and rear (30/03/14 16566 miles - brake & clutch fluids flushed and changed also)

ABS pump modification (addition of bleed nipples)

Ducabike CNC machined billet aluminium black anodised fuel tank filler and fuel filler cap

Black shorty/sport screen (modified OE screen)

ProTaper 'EVO' Black Bars

Rizhoma Gold Bar Ends

GPS power cable (connector with fly-lead included)
    GPS Ram mount to handlebar clamp

Motografix headligh fairing protective decal

Motografix tank protectors

Techspec Tank side panel protectors/grips

Ventureshield paint protection film (some removed as the edges became tatty)

Reflective decals to back of panniers

Scottoiler eSystem with dual injector

Modified rear fender (tidier) + Panigale DP LED indicators

MTS1200 Dual Headlight Mod (à là JohnW method)

FuzeBlock Aux Fuse Panel / Power Distribution Block
    Stebel Magnum Horn (loud;-)

Blue Bright LEDs in beak

Evotech Radiator Guard (new....to replace R&G that didn't fit with DP light brackets

Mike's Grills Gold Anodised Oil Cooler Guard

Vision-X Solstice Solo Ultra Bright LED lights (used as the basis for the Denali LED lighting kit;-) - mounted on DP light brackets (Granturismo brackets)
    Rear fender/light unit 'anti-wobble fix

Custom alloy rear carrier (with steel plate insert for magnetic tank bags;-)

Palmer Products Front cylinder head / valve cover guard

Eccentric hub / chain adjustment tool ('C' spanner plus)

Throttle body balancing kit

Black powder coating to belly pan and pillion peg carriers

Oberon Clutch Slave Cylinder (16/05/13 12389 miles)

Oberon Brake & Clutch Reservoir Black Anodised Alloy Caps

Eagle Screens Wind Deflectors

–--------------------------------------------------------------

Asking price – top book for a totally standard 2010 Sport (with panniers) in top notch used condition/low mileage is £8500+ so by my reckoning £9775 is a very fair asking price :D

Location: less than 2 miles from M5 J21 Weston Super Mare (20 miles south of Bristol)

[​IMG]

A few photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 AndyW, Aug 19, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
  2. Photos continued...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Shame you have to sell it Andy. I hope you get a good sale for it and you will keep up the www.MTS1200.info site of course :)

4. That's a damn good buy for anyone!
    You will get far more money by returning it to stock and selling it as a top draw 2010. Then sell the add ons separately.
    Anyone buying it (assuming it comes with the replaced OE parts) is on an instant profit by doing exactly that. It's dead money attached to the bike.
    Good luck though, its a stunner.

5. sad to hear you're selling Andy, if you decide to split the goodies I'd like the rear set cowl please !!!!

6. Thanks guys.....I've parted with a lot of the OE bits (exhaust, OE bars, standard ECU etc which were pointless keeping imho) to 'subsidise' the cost of the trick bits and to be honest have rarely paid RRP anyway and even had a few free bits (deals available to me because of my website;-)
    Too lazy to start stripping stuff off (plus all the hassle advertising/selling dozens of individual parts and of course the time!) and not leaving as is seems such a shame........I'll be satisfied with the asking price and someone stands to get a special bike.
    Spread the word! :D

MTS1200.info will stand as is........I'll do something about the hosting when I get chance but will ensure it doesn't disappear.

7. Good luck with the sale. i wont tell you what riders offered me as a price to PX my 2013 Skyhook S touring.

8. Dealerships............."stealerships" ;-) lol

9. Mmmm. I've had similar conversations with that stealership, won't be crossing their front door unless cornered.

10. know the fealing with "Stealerships" I felt insulted after staying loyal with a certain dealer, when I came to sell/Px they insisted on seeing the bike for valuation, even though it had
    Been there 3 weeks prior for a service, I sat down and was offered book only price, and when i asked him to look at bike, said "I know what they look like" !!!!! Ended up doing a straight swap with Seastar superbikes 150 miles from where I live for a new ZZr1400

11. I'll give you book price for it.....:Headphone:
    Cash waiting :Cigar:

I take it has the service history book has all it's stamps etc.:Shifty:

12. ....the second word is off! lol

13. Your bike is amazingly (to the point that you may need help) clean.
    The add ons are superb and it's had all the right bits changed.
    But that's a lot of wonga for a 18K 2010 bike with no warranty.
    Whoever gets it will be very happy no doubt.

£9250?:Banghead: and that's my final offer:oops:

14. Man after my own heart.......always after a bargain - good try but no thanks.
    IMHO at the asking price the bike is a bargain ;-)

Mileage (which is pretty low in any case) and age are almost irrelevant on a bike that's been so well looked after and maintained to the standards it has been e.g oil changes pretty much twice a year and a cleaning regime that's resulted in no corrosion anywhere, as you say, amazingly clean (yes I do think I need help! lol).
    Tot up the value of all the extras/additional parts/upgrades, divide by half (which would be a pretty mean 2nd hand sale price for the parts) and I think you'll find that figure plus top book price for the bike would be more than I'm asking ;-)
    Warranty - there's always the option of WarrantyDirect or other 3rd party cover.

Some other bits also included that I forgot previously:
    Optimate on-bike charge lead
    Sealey S34/50 - WallDrive Socket 50mm 3/4"Sq Drive (rear axle nuts;-)
    Oberon ally wheel nut multitool - (front wheel nut)
    Front wheel front axle alignment tool

15. Andy....
    Just don't take it to a Stealership....:Clown:
    if you get desperate (really desperate:Inpain:) PM me and I'll get my Donkey choker out n do a deal:Blackeye:.

By the way people...this is a lovely machine with a great specification.
    If you love buying toys...this one will save you a fortune as 90% are already fitted.

16. Donkey choker?! :-O .........thanks.

For the uninitiated......

[​IMG]

...and the rest of the article here.

17. Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

Jesus Christ!....You could choke a dozen donkeys on that,

Donkey Choker = Large wedge of cash (being used to buy some speakers in the film Lock Stock).

Please don't use the Urban Dictionary definition; as that was not what I was going to offer.

18. Haha....thanks :D

Mentioned the sump plug with rare earth magnet in the bike details and realised I've never added info to the forum......

....whilst there's the bling factor (lol)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...what's important is the stronger, much stronger, magnet - I could barely feel any magnetic attraction let along lift or even move the small spanner with the OE drain plug

[​IMG]

....whilst the new part could pick up a larger spanner with ease!

[​IMG]

The course filter/strainer cover has a rubber seal so no more messing with gasket goo or buying the gaskets fitted on the 1098's.....but despite the blurb describing it as 'low profile' and suitable for the MTS1200, I had to modify the sump plate (so that's recently been re powder coated).

Oh that's something else.........additional oil changes mentioned already but I forgot to say, the course filter has been removed and cleaned every oil change.

[​IMG]

19. Lovely machine...are you throwing in the Abba workshop stand for that money?

20. Keep trying Paul! lol ...........nope I'll just get the adapter for whatever bike I end up getting ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information