1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Second Ducati

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by chrisjk, Jul 22, 2018.

1. [​IMG]

At least it will be when I pick up one just like it on Friday... a 1260 S. My first was more than a few years ago.

[​IMG]

Lots of bikes since 1991 and these days mainly interested in touring. I had a few BMWs including GSs but wanted a change and bought a Triumph Tiger 800 which is a very nice bike but last month in the alps persuaded me that I missed the grunt of a larger machine. I fancied a KTM Super Adventure 1200 and still do for its engine but the suspension on the Muttley seemed to suit me better on our potholed roads with less jarring to my ancient neck - at least in touring mode.

Now I look forward to riding it and hoping that all the horror stories about Duc electric can't be true. There sure is a lot of fancy stuff on this machine!

• Like Like x 6
  2. 2 Ducatis. How greedy. :worried:
    Nice Mutley & Welcome. :) :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Welcome Chris,,and very much like your olde 851:upyeah::upyeah::upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. And I thought I saw a bin but ..... nope it’s not there :thinkingface:

I like the 851 too great colour

Welcome into the mad house for the second time :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Well greedy :eek:

6. Oh, welcome dude :cool::upyeah:

7. I didn't intend to give the impression that I still had the 851 (wish I did!) it was in 1991 or 1992 when I last had it and other bikes made their way into the scene.

Thanks for the welcome guys, I look forward to meeting some of you when I get out on the new bike.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Don't believe a word of it... some of the people scolding you for having more than one are being yowge great hypocrites... ;)

It's just a shame you don't still have the 851! :D

(you might want to put up a picture of your bin though, some of the regulars get very uncomfortable if they're unsure about your waste management habits)

9. Welcome along :cool:

10. Nothing wrong with more than one - we have two Monsters both a source of huge pleasure and occasional frustration :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Welcome and enjoy

12. That's just greedy :eek:

13. It's more than that, it's absolute glutony! o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Welcome Dave

15. Hello & welcome

16. Nice bike, welcome to the forum. :)

17. Thank you for the welcome people. I brought mine home from the dealer's yesterday in a thunderstorm - grrr. First job, wash it as soon as I got up this morning. Here it is nice and clean again.

[​IMG]

Do Not Sell My Personal Information