1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 My Speciale Arrived!!

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by James Thomas, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Hello folks,

After a bit of a wait, I’ve finally taken delivery of my V4 Speciale. Rode it 30km home from the new Ducati Dubai showroom and 2 days later it had a ‘running in’ session at Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi.

I was trying to be good in terms of revving the new engine, but this thing is absolutely on rails around the corners - so easy to tip in, flick from side to side or hold a solid carving line around a big curve. It all feels a lot easier to ride fast than my 1098R, but at the same time the electronics don’t seems that intrusive - other than the yellow light constantly blinking on the dash!

Minor niggles - the side stand is a pain, the mirrors are useless and very fragile and it gets hot around the Crown Jewels if you’re sat at the end of the pit lane with the engine idling waiting to head out on track!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It’s going to fun getting to know this beast and I can’t wait to get to 1000km to get the Akra and mag wheels on.

Cheers
    James

• Like Like x 5
  2. Pics arent showing up.

Congrats dude, it's a hell of a bike.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Congratulations James.....Enjoy

What number is it?

4. Excellent James enjoy your new plaything:upyeah:

5. Sorry, here are some pics. Bike is number 577.

F1F263B2-EE46-44AA-9044-72E06BB91792.jpeg

30824033337_b6565153db_z.jpg

45713898832_5fc93fdaa8_z.jpg

• Like Like x 14
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Looks unbelievable James, will you be doing anything else to it bar the wheels and exhaust?

7. Jacking off on it most likely.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  8. The mirrors and number plate will be coming off once it’s run in and the Rizoma keyless fuel cap it came with might as well go on. Oh, I’ve got some matte carbon frame covers that’ll also go on while they’ve got the fairings off for the exhaust. Otherwise I’ll most likely keep it pretty stock and ride as many track days as I can!

9. More pics of those matte carbon covers when there on please James

10. Looks epic on track, id love to do a trackday at yas, last time we stopped at yas viceroy there was a bike trackday and it looked fab

11. That is a weapon :) enjoy

12. congrats James,
    were you told to run in with the standard exhaust system?
    is it normal for the dealer to charge to install the akras?

13. I had the akras put on during prep, the dealer told me it did not effect the run in. It is normal for the dealer to charge for the install or at least I hope so as I had to pay.

14. thanks for letting me know, i was going to get it installed but then thought about run in, there is nothing on the ducati website!

15. It's a pig ugly bike in red but in those colours it kinda makes it look quite nice

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Agreed, it looks dull in red. Great bike tho.

17. I'm hearing racer types and enthusiastic track dayers are grounding out with the Akrapovic system. And when you look at James's second picture there it looks pretty close with the OE monstrosities.
    Might be bollox. Surely Akrapovic saw that coming during design. I've managed to grind away the end of my Rizoma (Ducati) gear lever and lose the grommet. Luckily it's spring loaded otherwise I might have had an unwelcome downshift right when I didn't need it :eek:

18. Looks awesome!

19. Im having the akkies, mag wheels and fuel cap fitted by the dealer free of charge before they deliver my Speciale. Dealer also supplying and fitting rad guard, tailtidy and LED indicators in with the price...........Sounds like I done well

Do Not Sell My Personal Information