1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XDiavel My Thoughts After Five Days Of Living With One.....

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by El Toro, Jul 31, 2016.

1. And now for a bit of a bike review after having had the Xdiavel on test for the past five days....................

I have to say that the Xdiavel is very different to how you think it will be. You soon get used to the feet forward thing and though the bike is some 70kg heavier than either my Panigale or Scrambler it's very easy to move around and it's extremely nimble when it's on the move. It also has some nice features like the self cancelling indicators and cruise control (which was useful where there was average speed cameras). It also has launch control but I didn't try it out :p

It's also a very comfortable bike despite the seating/feet forward/gangsta stance. The seat is much more comfortable than the original Diavel - for me anyway. :upyeah:

The engine is a peach. Lots of midrange grunt, and it sounds good too. Handling is light and sharp, not Panigale sharp but pretty good nonetheless.

Couple of issues that I would mention are the mirrors, that shake like a bastard and you have to be really firm with first gear when at the lights etc otherwise you soon find out that though it's showing first gear on the dash that it's actually in neutral. But apart from that it's a pretty good bike. And the detailing/design on the S is exceptional. You can certainly appreciate the engineering that's gone into it. And when you roll it on it certainly makes you smile. :)

Would I buy one? No, not as my main bike. And probably not as my second either. Cruisers (and don't let the bike mags tell you this is anything otherwise) are not really my thing. Not yet anyway.

However I'm sure it'll do well in the USA, which is really the market it's aimed at. :)

If you're curious as to how it performs get yourself down to your local dealer and get one out for a day. You might have some fun :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information