1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Name And Shame Time. Ebikes, Bristol

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by comfysofa, Nov 20, 2018.

1. I couldnt not do this. Our Junior at work just bought his first bike - a CBF125. Bought it from eBikes in Bristol - (St George area). It was a CAT N (Panel damage etc etc). So, at this point he knew he needed to do a bit of work. Its his first bike but, is keen to learn Hands over his hard earned and they say "itll be ready at the end of the week while we MOT and service it". Picks the bike up and.....here we go...

1. Lights not working/intermittent/flicking on and off (found this out when he went out and went home in the dark)
    2. Battery knackered.
    3. Aftermarket heated grips not working. (after changing them) found out the wiring had just been spliced and wound into the loom.
    4. Chain set shot.
    5. Half the amount of oil in the engine and what came out was tar.

Now, this is going back a few months ago and, just what i can think of, off the top of my head....he's been working on it steadily, and getting it up together. Fair play to him, he's got it into a good state. And, can see the value of looking after your stuff. However, he was a bit wet behind the ears and now knows. I said go back and give'em hell, ( i even offered to go down there) but i think he's quite quiet like that so I let it go.

So, eBikes. Bunch of wankers who take advantage of people putting out a bike with a fresh MOT that was damn near dangerous.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. You do right to name and shame. The sooner these sort of dealers go out of business the better.

3. Pop down and give them a piece of your mind :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Like they’d be bothered.... there’s plenty out there. The stealing robbing wanker I bought my car from is another.

Name and shame and make sure they get a high listing on google for being shite is the best deterrent...until they change names :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Buyer beware.
    Would have been nice to go look at it with him

6. I did offer - but, he kinda made his mind up..i did also offer to take him anywhere he wanted to if he went for a private sale...i think in this case that would have been better..!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Did these used to be bristol bike imports ??

8. Dunno....ive never been in there before (never will now) but they look like the specialize in 125 and scooters....

Its my belief that they didnt do a fucking thing to it, wrote a ticket out and sent him on his way...

As i say the silver lining is as he's been working on it he's noticed the little performance gains and things "that work when he needs them". Kind of a good lesson in maintenance and care.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information