1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

National Anthems

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by El Toro, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Watching the indoor athletics at the moment (and even when I watch MotoGP) and I have to say I think my favourite national anthem is the Spanish one

And I have to say my second favourite is the Italian anthem, because just when you think it’s over in kicks another tune to start it all again :D

What’s your favourite?

2. God save the queen. It's the only anthem!

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. We are so lucky to have no less than three fine anthems: Rule Britannia, Jerusalem, and Land of Hope and Glory. Unfortunately we are officially stuck with that dreary royalist dirge God Save the Queen.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Correct!

6. Rule Britannia would great . Imagine singing that at twickers :D

7. You beat me to it :):upyeah:

8. God defend new Zealand is shit... fortunately we have the haka to make up for it..

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. believe it or not i dont do flags and anthems. well, maybe back in the day with the wheels of steel variety. but god save the queen is a bit of a cringe fest. how many anthems celebrate one person rather than its people?

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. If it is still 1940!

11. No need to tell what my first choice is but my second would be the Irish one and third would be the Italian national anthem.

12. Aue!
    Actually, have to admit to liking the South African NA, not that I have a thing for SA in particular...

13. GStQ is a cheap rip off of "My Country Tis Of Thee" in any event.

Time for a new British National Anthem ... something modern and fit for purpose.

5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ...

14. there was four in the bed and the lil one said?

15. That clock starts ticking at the he end of March!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Not al all into jingoism, but the Coronation Street/ East Benders theme tune is for a lot of people our National Anthem....sadly.

17. Written by a Feckin Aussie too !!!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information