1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale National Championship Winning 1098r For Sale

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Ash34, Jul 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I hope these photos appear correctly, I've put them on flikr in full resolution.

I'm now selling my Hungarian Superbike Championship winning race bike from last year after a full strip down, engine refresh, new gearbox and then a nut and bolt rebuild by a BSB team with long history with Ducatis. The fairing doesn't look perfect but the bike is like new, ready to race again if you want but it does have a V5 too which shows that it is a 2009 bike (23 April 2009 to be exact).

Has a HM quickshifter (but you can pull the clutch in if you prefer), TC Pod to vary the DTC on the move and a Sigma slipper clutch. Apart from that it has always been standard and could out-grunt an 1199S at every race.

Lots of spares I haven't catalogued yet will be included too.

8,000,000 HUF (Hungarian Forints)

The bike is with me in Budapest but I can deliver to anywhere in Europe depending on agreement with the buyer.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmjJYcyW

IMG_0815.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Nearly 22k sterling. Cracking track weapon. GLWS

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sweet :):upyeah: good luck with the sale :motorcycleduc:

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Sad, I only deal in Groats ...

5. Half a shekel for an old ex leper?

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. :eyes:

7. It’s going on eBay middle of next week :sob:

8. Good luck, just ignore all the knobheads :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Can't beat e(vil)Bay for visibility. But like bradders says, get ready to bat away all the knobbers :upyeah: Good luck.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Bit of a delay due to a ZX10R valve failure of lap 3 of a championship race and a dash to the UK to buy a new engine.

It’s going on eBay on Sunday unless anybody wants to make a reasonable offer.

11. Shame you had to dash to uk I'm over Czech next week could have met you somewhere with the motor, oh well such is life, good luck

12. By dash I meant take the decision and start driving the next morning to Shrewsbury. No hanging about then drive back to Budapest where the engine was in the frame 10 minutes after pulling up at the workshop. There is not much time until the final round and it’s got to be tested before then.

13. Jesus, nice 1, are you not better waiting to sell the duke after winter for next season now?

14. I’ve got a huge emotional connection to the 1098R because I won a championship with it but it’s not realistic to keep it. I’ve just been down in the garage and started it and it sounds and absolute beast. Not helping.

• Like Like x 1
  15. You don't want to sell, understandably and when it's gone it's forever, not easy

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information