1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Navihalter

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Groundhog, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Hello all
    My first question since joining.
    Can anyone tell me where I might get a Navihalter to fit a 1260. I presume it will fit the 1260 as well as the 1200? I emailed their website and I had a reply saying the couple who own the company have had a bad accident and at the moment the company is not functioning.
    Cheers Trev

2. Which Satnav have you got or want, if it's a Garmin 390 then you can order the Ducati one. But if its for a TomTom then the Ducati one isn't suitable.

3. Thanks for that:upyeah: I have a TomTom Rider. Do you know if there are any alternatives for a TomTom ?

4. Have a look at Palmer products for a different solution to your problem or keep an eye out on the for sale section on here, which is where I got mine from.
    p.s. If I don't get on better with my bloody Tomtom mine could be up for sale soon :mad:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. One other thing I find with the Navihalter is with the unit locking device fitted, it had to be spaced out from the screen to allow access for fingers with key. This doesn't half make it bounce around a lot when on the move, when I get my bike back from Riders I'm going to remove it (locking piece) that is.

6. :upyeah:Thanks for the tips. I had the same problem with the locking device and screen with my Tenere. What problems have you had with your TomTom? I've had one for a couple of years with only the occasional small glitch.

7. Sure i read on here somewhere that with Tom Tom you have to re drill the backplate for fixings. I have the Ducati fitted navihalter but it does not have any lock on it. Other than the garmin click latch.

8. I too have a Tom Tom (410). I bought the Ducati Navihalter style mount and made my own mounting plate for the Tom Tom mount. Took about an hour or so to make the plate (aluminium) then painted it.
    I'm fairly certain someone on the forum has done the same and has added pics.

I'll post a pic or 2 later ...

9. I have a tomtom rider V5 on a ram mount and it blocks the screen so if anybody has a “bracket” or plans for one to fit above the screen it would be appreciated.

Thanks

10. Alan...

What year is your bike?

11. June 16 DVT 1200

12. Problems Gareth?? o_O

13. You can use the Ducati mount, then make your own plate for the Tom Tom, like I did.

Easy..

14. I did order the Ducati one but when I collected the bike they said it was nowhere near any good so it was ram mount or nothing. Perhaps I ought to order a Ducati one and see, got any pics of it please?

15. Feck off.........:mad:

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Cheers. Sounds like a plan!

17. Thanks for the replies:upyeah:

18. Which one you got GH ?
    On my 410 the first couple of times I used it, it went from panorama to (at exactly the wrong time) picture view then back again some time later, to taking me along goat tracks that I'd think twice about taking my enduro bike on, to the best one of all, using it to come back to Swansea from Bristol airport when I got to the Severn bridge it wanted me to head east to London.....: unamused: (yes, home is the correct address)
    To be fair I am technologically inept, but it isn't the easiest of Tomtom devices to use and now I have to learn the black art of route planning on the damn thing, what's the difference between a GPX file and an ITN one and why. There's a few lads on here who are a bit critical about the 410 and have bought a Garmin instead but they may have come from a Garmin in the first place ?

19. Oh........ Them problems :D
    PS. ITN is the news. See, helpful I am:upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information